I hear that abs are made in the kitchen – so, surely by staying up late and baking cookies post workout, I’m working on my gains, yes?
Not even if they are almond butter cookies? Almond butter is full of protein right? They’re grain free too! No refined sugars either! I’m going to pretend you’re saying yes.
- No, these almond butter cookies will of course not give you rock hard abs
- Yes, they are grain and refined sugar free – though if you don’t have any coconut sugar on hand you can absolutely sub it out for brown sugar and it’s still amazing
- Cookies = soul food
Crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle - these flourless almond butter cookies are sure to be your new favorite cookie!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- In a medium sized bowl beat the egg, almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into little tablespoon sized balls and drop them onto your preprepared baking sheets. Using the back of a spoon press the dough down so the cookies spread out. If your cookie dough is really oil use a paper towel to blot some of the excess oil.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes for softer cookies and 11-12 minutes for crisper cookies. Take the cookies out of the oven and press a few extra chocolate chips into the cookies if you want that bakery style cookie look.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets. They'll firm up on the sheets and if you try to remove them too early they crumble. Once the cookies have cooled down enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiciton