So, equipped with the goal of making both of our mornings easier, to save a little in cost and convenience, and to satisfy the cravings of my inner child and her love for breakfast cereal without compromising calories or nutrition, I came up with this cinnamon and coconut granola. It’s grain, nut, and dairy free, and can easily be made vegan.
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded/desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup honey/maple syrup (use maple if you want to make this vegan)
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chia/flax egg (to keep this vegan) or gelatin egg. I personally prefer using a gelatin egg for this recipe, but I have made this with chia eggs as well.
- Preheat the oven to 325F/162C
- Mix together the dry
- Add the wet ingredients to the
- Spread your mixture evenly onto
a baking tray lined with parchment and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or
until it turns into a golden brown, turning the half way through.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and
store in an airtight container.