4 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
8 cups spinach
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 can cannellini beans, drained (15 oz)
4 ounces crumbled feta
Fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F(205°C). Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or foil.
- Use a fork to poke holes around the sweet potatoes then place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Filling: Warm oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for a 1-2 minutes until golden and fragrant. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice. Stir and cook uncovered, about 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, beans and feta. Stir into the spinach mixture and cook another few minutes to ensure the beans and tomatoes are heated through. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if needed.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a fitted lid and set aside until the potatoes are ready to fill.
- When the potatoes are ready, cut them in half lengthwise down the middle. Gently pull the halves apart to make space then add the filling.
- Top with extra feta or fresh herbs if desired and enjoy.
- Cool leftover filling to room temperature then store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Leftover baked sweet potatoes will keep up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Small potatoes will bake closer to 45 minute. Large potatoes will need closer to 60 minutes.
- Let the potatoes rest about 5-10 minutes after baking so they're easy enough to handle without burning.
- You can use chickpeas instead of cannellini beans.
Serving Size: potato
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 324Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.