Skip the coffee shop line & price with this Homemade Salted Cashew Latte – made with only six ingredients in about five minutes! Gluten Free + Paleo + Vegan
Does anyone else ever get coffee shop anxiety when ordering a drink?
I always find myself totally intimidated by full menus of caramel frappucino this and hazelnut mocha that (which sounds amazing by the way – need to make that next!) while some dude in a man bun and a fabulous beard waits for me to place my order. In the end I always just end up ordering a medium cappuccino in the end because it’s easy and it’s classic – can’t go wrong.
That being said, I like to save my coffee experimentation for my own time when I’m not going to be knocked sideways by price or feel rushed to pick something I don’t actually want – which is exactly how I landed on this Salted Cashew Latte. It’s smooth, nutty and lightly sweetened and it’s not crazy on the calories like most coffee shop drinks.
Let’s get to it!
How to Make: Salted Cashew Latte
Altogether this recipe is super simple and can be made in minutes with paleo & vegan friendly ingredients:
- Milk – almond/cashew are an easy choice but feel free to use whatever dairy/non dairy milk you like
- Cashew Butter – adds a creamy kind of texture/nutty flavour
- Maple Syrup – if you’re not crazy about maple you can sub this with honey though keep in mind it will no longer be vegan
- Salt & Vanilla – combined with the maple and cashew this makes for a salted caramel kind of flavour
- Brewed coffee – fresh is best!
While your coffee brews simply add the remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan to mix and simmer for a couple of minutes. Once the milk mixture is hot and the coffee is ready add everything to a blender and blend on high for about 20-30 seconds.
Blending it all together helps to both make sure everything is full mixed and to create a light froth of the milk that you’d normally get from a milk frother.
Once you’re ready to go just pour and go! Sprinkle with a little cinnamon on top and maybe even a squirt of whipped cream if you’re really feeling fancy – go for that full coffee shop vibe.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Salted Cashew Latte! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 cup almond/cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (can sub with honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee, fresh
- Add the almond milk, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a small sauce pan. Warm over a medium-low heat to melt the butter and combine and bring to a gently simmer.
- Add the milk mixture and the coffee to a blender and blend on high about 10-20 seconds to fully mix and to froth up the milk. Taste and add any more sweetener as you see fit.
- Pour into your glasses and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125 Sodium: 461mg Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 12g Protein: 2g