This four ingredient Golden Turmeric Milk is comforting, anti-inflammatory and – most importantly – delicious! A mug of warmth for those cool winter days.
This stuff is amazing. Sarah first started experimenting with this Turmeric Milk recipe about a month ago and I’ve barely gone a day without it since. It’s warm, it’s spicy, and given the recent change in weather I’d say it’s a necessity!
This time of year usually throws some curveballs at me in regards to my health and this year has been no different. Whenever the weather starts to cool down you can rest assured that my immune system will stop trying. So with that said, I’ve been feeling pretty grotty lately. This Turmeric Milk, however, has been a massive boost for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve still got a virus, but the usual aches and pains that come along with it aren’t as bad as they usually are. In fact, recent studies have shown that a teaspoon of turmeric a day can even help in preventing certain types of cancer! Craziness.
About This Recipe
For this recipe, we use both ginger and turmeric root rather than the powdered kind but you can use whichever fits your preference. We usually chop it finely and then chuck it in the blender with the milk but the powders would work just fine if you don’t have a blender. You can also add a squeeze or two of honey if you fancy some added sweetness to go along with the naturally vibrant flavour. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try making your own Golden Turmeric Milk. We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 2 cups dairy free milk of your choice, (coconut, almond etc but you can use dairy if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon chopped or grated or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple or honey optional
- Add all the ingredients except for the sweetener to a blender and blend in a high speed until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture into a small sauce pan along with the honey or maple and black pepper and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Once the milk is heated and the sweetener is dissolved, pour into a cup and enjoy.
Calories calculated with sweetener included.
Turmeric stains counters, blenders, and hands so make sure you clean everything thoroughly after use. In my experience it may take a few washes to get rid of the yellow stains. I like to multiply this recipe by 2 or 3. After blending the milk transfer to a jar or container and store in the fridge until you're ready to heat it up. Shake before pouring.