Chocolate and Turmeric Snack Bites – perfect little bites for when you’re in need of a quick snack or are craving something sweet! Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo
Six ingredients, five minutes and one decent blender or food processor – that’s all that’s separating you from this blissful bowl of chocolatey, turmeric snack bites.
✔️Made with wholesome ingredients
So let’s get to it!
How to Make: Turmeric Snack Bites
So….making this snack bites…All you really need to do is toss everything in a powerful blender or food processor and blitz until you’ve got a sweet crumbly mixture that’s ready to roll into shape. I, personally, enjoy a mostly smooth dough with little bits of larger nuts/coconut mixed in. It gives these balls much more of a truffle like texture which I’m all about. You can also blend it leaving behind much larger chunks – just make sure it’s all mixed together well.
Ideally if you’re using a blender you want to be using a really powerful one (think Blendtec/Vitamix/Ninja) to get the job done. If you’re not so confident in your blender you can also blitz the walnuts on their own into a crumbly dust and soak the dates in hot water before blending to them easier to break apart.
Whichever way you do it – these are still dead easy and totally worth it. They’re perfect for when you need little pick-me-ups throughout the day or for indulging your sweet tooth without going too overboard.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Turmeric Snack Bites! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams walnuts
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 cup | about 8 pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all of your ingredients to a high powdered blender or food processor and pulse until the dates and walnuts are broken up into small pieces and the mixture sticks together. If your mixture is too dry add a couple more dates. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl for easier rolling. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls.
- Store these in the fridge for up to a week.
Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes before blending if your blender struggles breaking apart dates.