All you need is a few minutes of prep and about five minutes on the stove top to make this quick & easy Turmeric Carrot Chia Pudding | Paleo + Vegan + Low FODMAP
Alright. Elephant in the room.
I’ll admit that this Turmeric Carrot Chia Pudding is not exactly the most attractive recipe in the world. I think the cinnamon + turmeric combo is what’s responsible for this odd, beige/green tinge here.
But hear me out! What this chia pudding lacks in beauty it more than makes up for in taste. Not to mention it’s just am overall easy to make recipe that also happens to be incredibly nourishing.
Weird looking but totally worth it!
How to Make: Turmeric Carrot Chia Pudding
This recipe is super easy to make requiring only 7 basic ingredients
- chia seeds
- milk (whatever type of milk you want to use)
- shredded carrot
- sweetener of your choice
- orange zest
Simply whisk everything together in a small sauce pot over the stove for about 5 minutes and you’re all set. Between the heat and the liquid the chia seeds will begin to gel up and thicken after a minute or two on the stove top. While this may not look like it amounts to much on the onset, the chia pudding will grow in volume as you cook. Not only that, but 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (the amount of chia seeds in one serving of this) contains about 11 grams of fibre. So basically this is A LOT more filling than it looks like it has any right to be.
Altogether this takes less than 10 minutes to make. Just stir, heat and you’re good to go! Top it off with your favourite chia pudding mix ins or leave it as is.
I promise this tastes better than it looks!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try is Turmeric Carrot Chia Pudding ! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1/4 cup | 60 grams chia seeds
- 2/3 cup | 140 ml nut milk or milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup | 30 grams loosely packed shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of your choice or add more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- Add all of the ingredients to a small sauce pot on medium low heat on the stove top. Whisk everything together until combined.
- Keep stirring for until your pudding thickens ups, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Taste and season with a little extra sweetener if you like. If it's too thick add a splash of milk. Add any toppings you might like (chopped nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, etc) and enjoy!
If you need this chia pudding to be low FODMAP don't add any dried fruit topping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197
You might also enjoy…