Lemon Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Rice| A light & healthy soup with a whole lot of zip. Whole 30 + Gluten Free + One Pot
There are very few things I find quite as satisfying as sitting down with hot bowls of soup on chilly, winter days. Or fall days. Hell, I even enjoy soup in the summer and I’m not talking about gazpacho. Nothing can get between me and my love for soup – including 100° weather. Just sit me next to a fan and I’m good.
Today I’ve got this Lemon Chicken Soup to add to my ever evolving collections of soups I need in and around my face.
You with me?
Lemon Chicken Soup
If you’re in the need for a good clean-out-the-fridge recipe then look no further because I’ve got you covered. I made this one night in an effort to use up the odd bits and pieces that find their way shoved unceremoniously to the back of the fridge. It was so good I ended up searching for more neglected veggies a couple days later to make it again.
Lemon soup has always been one of my favorites. It’s got so much flavor and zip – the perfect pick me up on these grey, winter days.
The base of this soup is made up of onions, celery and garlic. Gently sauté on the stove top to unleash their full flavors and begin laying in the rest of the soup. Just pile it all in: carrots, cauliflower, freshly squeezed lemon juice.For added texture and nutrition I also threw in half a head of grated cauliflower that was left hanging around. As for the herbs I think you can get creative with what you like/what you have in. I made this using fresh parsley and dill, but I know basil, oregano, and/or thyme would be just as lovely. Lemon is one of the flavors that plays well with others so don’t be afraid to play with the flavors.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do! It’s
& Low Carb
All of that AND it helps clean out the fridge. A true winner, friends.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make this lemon chicken soup. We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup grated cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill, fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, fresh
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot warm the olive oil on a medium heat. Once warm, add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the celery and garlic and sauté another 2-3 minutes or until the onions and soft and translucent. Add the carrots and oregano and stir 1 minute.
- Gently whisk in the chicken stock, bay leaves, and cauliflower. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the temperature until it turns into a simmer. Add the chicken and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 287 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 198mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 21g