Thick and creamy Mango Lassi – a yoghurt based milkshake that’s as refreshing as it is delicious! Lightly sweetened and spiced with a pinch of cardamom.
I don’t think there’s ever a bad time for a mango lassi. Breakfast? Sounds good! Mid day pick-me-up? Sure thing! Dessert? Sign me up!
If you’re not yet familiar with it, Lassi is an Indian yoghurt-based drink. It comes in many different flavours, mango & otherwise. You can find it in both sweet and savoury forms and is often enjoyed alongside or after a spicy dish.
Given the fact that this mango lassi is made up of yoghurt, fruit and a little bit of spice there’s no reason to feel guilty about enjoying this anytime of day.
Making it is just a matter of throwing everything in a blender and processing until it’s thick and creamy. The amount of added sweetener will mostly just depend on how ripe your mango is. The riper the mango, the less sugar you’ll need.
If you’re after a dairy free option you can absolutely use dairy free yogurts/milk here. Keep in mind that coconut yoghurt will make for a more coconut-y flavour which you may or may not like based on your own personal preference.
All together this mango lassi is super easy to make, incredibly satisfying and fills you up while still feeling light and refreshing.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Mango Lassi! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Thick and creamy Mango Lassi - a yoghurt based milkshake that’s as refreshing as it is delicious! Lightly sweetened and then spiced with a pinch of cardamom.
- 1 cup fresh mango
- 1 cup yoghurt (dairy free if needed)
- 1/2 cup milk or water (dairy free milk if needed)
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 2-4 teaspoons maple syrup, agave, honey or white/brown sugar (optional)
- Fresh Mint for Garnish
- Add the mango, yoghurt, milk and cardamom to a blender and process until thick and smooth.
- Taste the lassi and add additional sweeteners (maple, honey, sugar, etc) as you see fit.
- Divide between two glasses. A an extra pinch of cardamom powder over the top and garnish with fresh mint if desired and enjoy.
- The amount of sweetener you use will depend on how ripe or sweet your mangos are. You can choose to skip any added sweetness altogether or maybe add a little more than recommended here - it's up to you!
- Recipe adapted from Sainsbury's
Leave a Review!