White Bean Chicken Chili Soup made in the Instant Pot | Minimal effort & minimal clean up needed for a comforting and satisfying dinner | Gluten Free + Dairy Free + Grain Free
Instant Pots. Have you tried one yet?
My parents bought one for me for my birthday this year and I’ve only just recently started to play around with it more. Now I can’t quite get over how fast you can cook a whole chicken in it. 30 minutes?!
It’s got the set and forget features of a slow cooker, but is great for people like me who forget to actually set the temperature only to realize the mistake hours later at dinner time that you have nothing prepared but raw chicken….or is that just me?
Making of: White Bean Chicken Chili Soup
I have my mom to thank for not only my instant pot, but this white bean chicken chili recipe as well! She made this a few times when Mike and I were in Arizona and I loved it every single time.
It hits the spot for me even more so now that we’re back in England where the rain (seemingly) never stops. This time of year I want little more than to sit down in an oversized sweater with a big bowl of soup. Cozy vibes forever!
Making this in the instant pot is the easiest dinner imaginable, because you literally cook it all in the one pot. After quickly sautéing the onion, pepper, and garlic just pile on the seasonings, chicken, and stock. Give it all a quick stir, push the appropriate buttons and go.
All of that with minimal cleanup afterwards!
Everything you want in a meal that can feed your family!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make these white bean chicken chili soup. We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper deseeded and chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans (15 ocannellini beans or another white bean drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and press the "Sauté" button. Once the oil is warm add the onion and jalapeño pepper. Use a wooden spoon to stir and cook until the onion and pepper are fragrant and soft, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and give it all a quick stir. Press the "Keep Warm/Cancel" button to stop the sauté function. Secure the lid and make sure the steam valve is set to closed. Press "Bean/Chili" which will automatically set to 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes is up the Instant Pot will automatically switch the keep warm. Let it keep warm for 15 minutes before relseasing the steam valvue.
- Once the steam has been fully released remove the lid of the instant pot. Use a couple of forks to shred the chicken. For a thicker consistency you can use a potato masher to mash up some of the beans. Taste the soup and season accordingly. Add more salt/pepper/etc. I like to squeeze a couple of limes at the very end for added brightness, but that's up to you.
Top with avocado chunks, sour cream, cheese, and or fresh cilantro and serve tortilla chips or cornbread on the side
Calories: 287 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 35 g
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!