Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies – soft and chewy, minty chocolate chunk cookies with hints of coffee. Made in one bowl in less that 30 minutes! Gluten Free & Paleo
Minty, coffee flavored double chocolate cookies with crushed candy cane topping? Yep. That’s happening.
Hello again from England!
Mike and I flew in on Thursday morning and I’m reeeeally struggling to throw myself back into the usual grind. I had such a lovely time in Arizona visiting family. I had to force myself to complete as little online work as I could get away with so that I didn’t spend all day everyday sitting down in front of a computer. It was so great.
But now that we’re back from our trip it’s time to jump back into the swing of things because Christmas is right around the corner and I am ready to BAKE. Which is why we’ve only been back for 4 days now and I’ve already made 5 batches of these cookies. Two to get the recipe just right and then three to test it for good measure. What a drag. ?
Making of: Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies
What do you do when you can’t decide between making brownies and cookies? Make both! At once! And then throw in coffee and peppermint flavors to really make your cookies shine.
Not only are these brownie cookies undetectably gluten free, but they’re actually paleo too in case you want to indulge a little within the confines of your diet. BUT if you don’t actually have time for paleo baking and the more specialty ingredients required then that’s totally fine. Just swap the tapioca starch witch cornstarch and use white or brown sugar in place of coconut sugar. Easy as that.
So if you’re ready for a little holiday cheer right about now go start up your tree lights, put on some Christmas music and let’s make some brownie cookies!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make these peppermint mocha brownie cookies. We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 1/2 cup (59 g) grams cocoa powder
- 1 cup (180 g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (84 g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (or espresso powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (73 g) coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (44 g) dark chocolate chips
- crushed candy cane for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and grease or line a large cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, baking soda and instant coffee powder salt until well mixed.
- Add the melted coconut oil and peppermint extract and stir. Add the egg and mix until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of cookie dough, about 1.5 tablespoons worth of dough, on a cookie sheet leaving at least 2 inches in between each ball and bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the sheet for at least 10 minutes. After the cookies have cooled, gently transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and enjoy!
You can substitute coconut sugar with white or brown sugar and corn starch with tapioca starch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g