Easy, four ingredient flourless Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies made in one bowl in about 20 minutes!
Time for a little mid-week pick me up in the form of these soft and chewy gluten free + vegan peanut butter cookies.
How to Make: Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are as easy as it gets. Altogether they come together in one bowl, four ingredients (and you can even ditch the baking powder if you really wanted to) and can be made and enjoyed all within 30 minutes.
The recipe for these isn’t exactly unique. They’re based off of a popular, tried and true three ingredient peanut butter cookies recipe that you’ve probably seen (or have eaten!) before. The original recipe is very basic but always delivers:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Just mix and bake – that’s it!
How these are different:
These cookies are very similar with a just a few difference:
- Less sugar with the choice of which sugar to use
- Egg free with the use a flax egg
- Added baking powder so the cookies spread more while baking
While the ingredients do slightly differ the method is still the same – just mix, bake, flatten and enjoy.
Feel free to play around with these cookies if you’re feeling adventurous! You can always add a little vanilla, maybe some extra salt or a handful of chocolate chips if you’d like. If you do try something new please let me know in the comments below how it went!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 cup smooth, natural peanut butter, no sugar added
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar (can use coconut or white cane sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Lightly grease or line a couple large baking trays. Set aside.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in the baking powder and flax egg until fully combined. The dough will be thick and a little sticky.
- Scoop out the dough - about 2 tablespoons worth of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the balls with a fork making a cross hatch on the top of each cookie. Flattening the cookies will help them bake more evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. The tops will be starting to golden. Let the cookies cool on the trays completely before transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
How to Make a Flax Egg: Make the flax egg: Mix 1 tablespoons ground flax (or ground chia seeds) with 2 tablespoons water. Stir and set aside about 10 minutes until the mixture gels up and then you're ready to use it.
You can also use a regular egg instead of the flax egg.
Make sure to let to cookies cool completely before trying to handle or they will crumble.
Serving Size:cookie Calories: 167Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Other peanut butter recipes you might enjoy: