Sweet, salty and perfectly tangy Blackberry Flatbread Pizza – topped with two types of cheese, chopped almonds and fresh basil! | Gluten Free + Vegetarian + Grain Free
I just had a party in my mouth and it’s all thanks to this blackberry flatbread pizza….or should I say pizzas.
Because I definitely just ate two. Planned on one. Ended up with two.
I love living in Sheffield. I mean – I do complain a lot about the general lack of sunshine. That really sucks.
But I am so in love with the amount of nature/walking routes near where we live. About 5 minute up the road and we’re in the country side. Five minutes down the road and we’re in the woods. Whichever way we go at this time of year you can pretty much count on there being a wild blackberry bush blocking your path at some point because those things grow like weeds here. I love it.
That being said, Mike & I ended up picking about 3 1/2 pounds of wild blackberries while out walking last week which means I’m putting blackberries on anything & everything. Starting with these flatbread pizza!
How to Make: Blackberry Flatbread Pizza
This flatbread pizza is super easy to make in no time at all! I used my grain free flatbread that I shared last week, but feel free to use your favourite flatbread here for an even easier pizza.
Just mash up some blackberries, throw on a little cheese (goats + mozzarella), scatter a few chopped almonds for added crunch on top with a few ribbons of fresh basil. See? Easy!
It takes about 10 minutes in the oven to make the cheese all nice and bubbly before you’re in food heaven.
This make for a great appetiser if your hosting friends or even as a quick weeknight dinner if you’re feeling extra fancy!
With all of the blackberries we’ve been lucky enough to pick I have a feeling I’ll be eating a little more pizza than I probably should….worth it!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Blackberry Flatbread Pizza! I’d love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 4 gluten free flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml olive oil
- 1 cup | 144 grams fresh blackberries
- 3 oz soft goats cheese, crumbled into pieces
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella (shredded or just tear into chunks)
- 1/4 cup | 35 grams roughly chopped almonds
- 1 handful fresh basil, sliced into ribbons (don't worry about needing an exact amount of basil - add more or less as you like)
- sea salt
- Heat your oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Spread the flatbreads out on a large baking sheet and brush the tops with the olive oil.
- Place the blackberries in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Leave a few blackberries whole, but you want the majority of the berries to be smashed like a chunky jam.
- Divide the mashed blackberries between the four pieces of flatbread and spread across the tops. Top with the goats cheese, mozzarella, basil and almonds. Sprinkle a pinch of salt onto each pizza.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted & slightly bubbly.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
I used this recipe for my flatbreads but you can use your favourite recipe/store bought if you prefer: https://www.asaucykitchen.com/gluten-free-flatbread-paleo-option/