Creamy Basil Avocado Dip made with avocado, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, sea salt & fresh basil. | Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo
I originally shared this dip back in the early days of my blog – back when I didn’t know how to properly format a recipe or take a fully focused picture. I mean, I still kind of struggle on that last one sometimes, but I feel pretty confident in saying things have improved since then.
Since this is a recipe that I make probably more than any other one on this blog, I felt like it was time to give this dip a little more love. Also, I’ll take any excuse to make this stuff because it’s just way too delicious.
All you need is 7-ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time!
You can make this in a blender or food processor – whatever you’ve got on hand. Just throw everything in a blender and process until smooth.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Basil Dip! I love seeing what you make with! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small handful fresh basil, leaves and stems
- 1/4 cup | 58 grams tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons 30-45 ml water
- sea salt to taste
- Add everything to a blender or food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- If you have a high powered blender, all you need to do is throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth. If your blender isn't as strong, you may need to mince your garlic and basil first to make sure everything gets mixed thoroughly.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons Calories: 38 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 2 g Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 38Saturated Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gProtein: 1g