Originally published May 12, 2015 – Updated with new photos and better written recipe instructions March 25, 2019.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Gluten Free Toad in the Hole! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Gluten Free Toad in the Hole
No need to miss out on tradition with this gluten free toad in the hole
- oil or fat for roasting (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non dairy - just make sure it's unsweetened)
- 5 gluten free sausage links (use FODMAP friendly sausage links if needed)
- Heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Pour the fat into the bottom of a large roasting tin or cast iron skillet and then put your sausages in the tin, rolling them around until they are coated in the fat. Roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While your sausages are roasted, prepare your batter. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in your eggs one at a time until no lumps remain - you should have a very thick batter at this point. Stir in the milk until fully combined and you have a thin batter.
- When your sausages are done, remove from the oven and pour your batter over the sausages and then return to the oven to bake for an additional 25-28 minutes until the top has turned a golden brown and the batter has risen.
Leave a Review!