I hear that abs are made in the kitchen – so, surely by staying up late and baking cookies post workout, I’m working on my gains, yes?
Not even if they are almond butter cookies? Almond butter is full of protein right? They’re grain free too! No refined sugars either! I’m going to pretend you’re saying yes and just go with it.
- No, these almond butter cookies will of course not give you rock hard abs
- Yes, they are grain and refined sugar free – though if you don’t have any coconut sugar on hand you can absolutely sub it out for brown sugar and it’s still amazing
- Cookies = soul food
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Almond Butter Cookies! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C
In a medium sized bowl beat the almond butter, coconut sugar, egg and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the cookie dough into little tablespoon sized balls and drop them onto your preprepared baking sheets. The cookies will spread so leave a couple of inches in between each cookie dough ball. If you have used natural, oily almond butter your cookie dough may be extra greasy - if that is the case use a paper towel to blot some of the excess oil.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes for softer cookies and 11-12 minutes for crisper cookies. Take the cookies out of the oven and press a few extra chocolate chips into the cookies if you want that bakery style cookie look.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets. They'll firm up on the sheets and if you try to remove them too early they crumble. Once the cookies have cooled down enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addicition
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Low FODMAP Maple Mustard Chicken with Rosemary - January 15, 2018
- Paleo Sweet Potato Lasagna with Almond Ricotta & Basil Pesto - January 12, 2018
- Potato and Olive Stuffed Banana Peppers - January 8, 2018