Healthy No Bake Cookies with Coconut – Naturally sweetened and easy to make with only 8 ingredients! | Gluten Free + Vegan
Hello one last time this year from Arizona!
Tomorrow morning Mike & I will be heading to the airport to fly back home to England and as always – I’m not ready to go yet!
We’ve had such a lovely month catching up with friends, family and soaking up this gorgeous weather. I’ve also been sneaking in as much time as humanly possibly with my best pup. He’s the cutest ever and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!
But I don’t want to think about leaving right now – tomorrow is for goodbye.
Tonight is for cookies!
I mean…isn’t every night a cookie night? Please say yes because I made you these healthy no bake cookies and they’re kind of amazing.
They’re moreish and satisfying like traditional no bake cookies but without any dairy and waaaaaaaay less sugar. Instead they use just a little bit of coconut oil and a half cup coconut sugar. We’re also using coconut sugar as our sweetener of choice keeping these refined sugar free. In addition to that these are packed full of unsweetened coconut for a little extra goodness & texture. I’m all about the texture.
How to Make: Healthy No Bake Cookies
These cookies are super easy to make requiring only 8 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, milk coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Then whisk in the cocoa powder until no lumps remain. After everything is mixed well turn off the heat and stir in the oats & coconut.
From this point it’s just a matter of waiting for the dough to cool off so that you can scoop them into balls and lay them out to firm up.
super easy + super tasty
So tonight, as I said, will be about cookies and tomorrow will be for teary goodbyes followed by an entire day of air travel….ugh.
I’d much rather tomorrow also be about cookies.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Healthy No Bake Cookies! I’d love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 cup | 250 grams natural peanut butter (or another nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup | 50 grams coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup | 60 ml non dairy milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon | 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup | 38 grams unsweetened cocoa/cacao powder
- 2 cups | 180 grams gluten free rolled or instant oats
- 1/2 cup | 50 grams unsweetened shredded/desiccated coconut
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, milk coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa/cacao powder until no lumps remain.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and coconut until combine.
- Scoop out the cookies 1 rounded tablespoons at a time and drop onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool/firm up for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
These cookies aren't meant to be super sweet like more traditional cookies. You can add additional maple or honey (if you use honey it's no longer vegan) towards the end if you feel like you want it sweeter or you can add 3/4 cup coconut sugar instead of 1/2 cup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133