One pan chicken dinner with lemon, garlic, oregano & paprika seasoned potatoes and brussels sprouts | Grain Free + Whole 30
Have you carved your pumpkins and picked out your costumes yet?! It’s been a busy day up to this point, but I’m looking forward to sitting down with a bottle of cider and watching Hocus Pocus and whatever other Halloween themed film we can find. I’m too much of a wuss for actual horror films so I’m thinking Beetlejuice & the Nightmare Before Christmas.
May I now present to you the most un-Halloween food that you could possibly imagine on a day like this? True fact: the calories in snickers bars don’t count so long as your eat brussels sprouts first.
Don’t quote me on that.
One Pan Chicken Winner
I’m sure you’re all sorted in the candy department for today, but what about dinner?
Dinner is one meal that I always struggle with making no matter what day it is. I think by the end of the day I’m so done with cooking that I want the fastest/ easiest thing I can possibly make. Bonus point if it’s healthy too.
As far as prep goes for this dish it can’t get much easier than this. Aside from chopping your potatoes and sprouts everything can be done in one pan – just toss everything in seasoning and a touch of oil and then bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until your done. In the end you’ll have perfectly tender potatoes and sprouts and slightly charred, crispy chicken skin coated in a healthy sprinkling of paprika & oregano.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make this one pan chicken & veggies. I love seeing what you make with! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 8 ounces brussels sprouts, halved or quarted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400° F/205°C. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place potatoes and brussels sprouts in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in olive oil, garlic lemon juice and lemon zest and the remaining oregano and paprika. Top with chicken in a single layer.
- Place into oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165° F. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is caramelized and slightly charred on top.
- Serve immediately.