Easy One Pan Greek Chicken with Roasted Veggies – 5 minutes of prep and straight to the oven. A full meal for minimal cleanup and minimal effort! Gluten Free + Whole30
This one goes out to all my fellow home cooks who just can’t be bothered to throw much effort into any meal made after 5 PM.
If you’re anything like me than after that time you’re pretty much done. I just want to throw my hands up into the air at that point and say “No more jobs!” to anyone who tried to talk to me. Unfortunately that doesn’t actually work much.
So to you my friends (and anyone who just likes really tasty food), this one pan Greek chicken dish is for you.
How to Make: One Pan Greek Chicken & Roasted Veggies
This recipe is super simple requiring just one pan and is made under an hour. Not bad for a full roast dinner with veggies and all!
First, you start out by piling your potatoes & chicken into a large roasting pan and drizzling in a little but of olive oil and salt. Give it a quick stir to coat everything and then pop it into the oven.
After about 25 minutes take out your pan and add the remaining ingredients: tomatoes, onion, olives, oregano & red wine vinegar. The potatoes and chicken need longer to cook than the remaining veggies & herbs – cooking in two stages keeps things from burning or becoming too dry. Then you just return your pan to the oven and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked in the middle.
And that’s it! A full meal in one pan. Easy clean up & even easier to eat!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Greek Chicken & Roasted Veggies! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page – those are always fun to see!
- 1 pound | 450 grams small potatoes (like new, yukon, fingerlings, russet etc), washed and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 very large or 8 small bone-in skin-on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups | 300 grams cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium or large red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup | 100 grams pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or three tablespoons of fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml red wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 400°F/205°C
- Add your potatoes to a large baking tray with raised sides or in a large roasting dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the chicken pieces on top in a single layer and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place into oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, olives, oregano and red wine vinegar. Return to the oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes until cooked through reaching an internal temperature of 165°.
- For extra crispy skin broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is caramelised and slightly charred on top. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.