One bowl, healthy Paleo pumpkin bread made with coconut flour, natural sweeteners and wholesome ingredients for the perfect fall treat.
Reasons to love October:
- oversized sweaters
- fall colors
- crunchy leaves
- hot soup
- obligatory pumpkin bread
Let’s all take a moment to appreciate October and all its autumnal based deliciousness with this Paleo pumpkin bread.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
I’ve got a thing for quick breads. They’re quick, easy, reliable, and always delicious. I usually end up making banana bread of some variety based off of the chocolate cinnamon recipe I’ve shared with you all. I’m pretty sure my mother in law always makes sure that we have a healthy stock of bananas in the hopes that I make banana bread when they go overly ripe. No complaints here!
Now that it’s October, pumpkin bread just feels mandatory. I get a lot of enjoyment out of waking up to a slice of this bread and a cup of coffee. It’s perfectly moist, generously spiced and not to mention gorgeously colored.
Not only is this pumpkin bread grain free and refined sugar free, but it’s nut free as well. When it comes to Paleo baking I usually rely on almond flour over coconut flour. I love the taste and texture of almond four, but I do not love the price. I also don’t love the fact that nuts are such a common allergen. Since we’re no strangers to food allergies here in our house, I love sharing recipes that can be enjoyed by most people. While there is no such thing as a completely allergy free recipe, this is recipe is nut free, dairy free, and can be made low FODMAP and/or SCD depending on which sweetener you choose. All in all, I’d say this Paleo pumpkin bread is perfect for sharing…and also hoarding to yourself because it’s too good to give away. Your choice!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this paleo pumpkin bread! We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) honey or maple syrup for low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (225 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pumpkin seeds for topping optional
- Heat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey, and oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and all of your spices to the pumpkin batter and mix until combined making sure that you have no lumps in your batter.
- Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan, or line with parchment and scoop your batter into the pan. Sprinkle on a small handful of pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife going into the center comes out clean. Cool and serve.
An 8x4 inch loaf pan is recommended for taller pumpkin bread. You can use 9x5 inch which is also common but the bread will come out wider and lower.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Saturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g