No mixing bowls needed for this Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread! Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter to make this Paleo friendly
So that chia seed jam I shared the other day – time to whip it out because we’re making peanut butter and jelly banana bread and you’re going to love it!
I’ve been waiting a couple of weeks to finally share this recipe with you. I’ve finally put on my big girl blogging pants and got myself together well enough to actually plan and prepare recipes to post a couple weeks in advance. This has given me even more time to test/plan recipes that I so desperately wanted before.
The only downside is that I now have to WAIT a couple weeks before my little creations actually see the light of day. I just get so excited about things and I want everyone else to get excited too. I’m pretty sure that I used up my life quota of patience in the four years Mike & I spent doing the long distance relationship thing. Mike would probably tell you that I wasn’t patient even then, but I digress…
What this recipes has:
- chia swirl
- pb&j drizzle
- general deliciousness
What this recipe doesn’t have:
- added sugar
- mixing bowls
The banana bread recipe is one that I adapted from The Civilized Caveman. I made a few adjustments to the base recipe by swapping out a few ingredients and adding the chia seed jam. Feel free to use whatever jelly you have on hand if you want this in a pinch.
If you’re strictly paleo feel free to swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or another nut butter of your choice. Personally, I think like is too short not to have peanut butter when peanut butter is what you really want.
- 4 medium bananas or 2 1/2 cups - the riper the bananas the sweeter the bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter or nut butter of your choice, 155 grams
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 52 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, 56 grams
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons jam, 205 grams
- Preheat the oven to 350°F 180°C and grease/line a loaf pan. Set aside for now.
- Add the bananas, eggs, 1/2 cup of the nut butter, and melted coconut oil to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, coconut flour cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and blend once more to combine.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Measure out 1/4 cup of the jam and drop dollops of the jam over the batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the dollops across the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the top of the swirls. Take another 1/4 cup of the jam and dollop and swirl again.
- Place the loaf tin in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and allow it too cool completely.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave or in a small pan. Warm it just enough to melt so that you can easily drizzle it over the top of the banana bread along with the jam. Drizzle both the PB&J and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 217mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 14g Protein: 8g