Peanut Butter Berry Crumble – made with a fruity summer filling and topped with a oaty peanut butter crumble topping. | Gluten Free + Vegan + Low FODMAP
It’s not summer until someone makes crumble!
At least that’s a rule that exists in my head so we’re doin’ it!
It’s also a rule in my head to look for any and every excuse to eat peanut butter. Which is why I am now presenting you with this Peanut Butter & Berry Crumble!
Good rule, huh?
How to Make: Peanut Butter Berry Crumble
This recipe is simple requiring just 10 ingredients and one bowl to prepare.
The crumble is made up of two parts:
✔️ the fruity berry base
✔️ & the peanut butter crumble topping
The Berry Base
Add the berries directly to your baking dish and top with corn starch + your sweetener of choice. The cornstarch is necessary for thickening the berry juice while you bake.
Peanut Butter Crumble Topping
The crumble topping is based off of my oat-y Cranberry Apple Crumble with a few little alterations. Crumbles typically rely on butter or oil to provide a crispy texture. Instead we’re using a mixture of peanut butter & coconut oil because why not? It’s easy to make and it prepped all in one bowl.
Once you’re done making your crumble just scatter it over the berries and bake.
The bake time is about half an hour so you’ll be ready in no time! Top with your favourite ice cream or a dollop of coconut whipped cream for flair and dig in!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Peanut Butter Berry Crumble! I’d love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 2 cups | 300 grams sliced strawberries
- 2 cups | 300 grams blueberries
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoons maple sugar or coconut sugar (or honey if not vegan/low FODMAP)
Peanut Butter Crumb Topping
- 1 cup | 90 grams gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup 45 grams gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup | 73 grams dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup | 84 grams peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup | 100 grams coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Grease a 9 inch round baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Add the fruit, corn starch and maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice) to the prepared dish. Toss to combine coating the fruit well in the starch & sugar. Set aside while you prep the crumble.
- Place the rolled oats, oat flour and peanuts in a large bowl. Mix together. Stir in the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and coconut sugar until you have a crumbly, but combined mixture.
- Spread the oat mixture over the fruit and cover evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping is browning slightly. The fruit underneath will be bubbling slightly. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253 Saturated Fat: 5g Sodium: 111mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 11g Protein: 6g