Layered chocolate and peanut butter banana milkshakes – thick, airy, and oh so decadent. Made with six ingredients! gluten free, vegan & naturally sweetened
Hi my name is Sarah and I will happily eat ALL the chocolate and peanut butter things for the rest of my life. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C….. But first we’re starting with these layered chocolate and peanut butter banana milkshakes.
If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my little mishap a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to take photos of these shakes. My make shift food photography set up consists of a variety of precariously placed items that have been known to fall over every now and then. The last time it happened was Mabel’s fault (my neurotic cat) but this time I blame gravity.
Looking on the bright side (because that’s what we do here) my abrupt end to the previous photo shoot meant that I had to revisit this recipe at least one more time. What a happy inconvenience.
Coming back to this recipe again I decided it needed more chocolate because what situation doesn’t get better with more chocolate? Feel free to mix in the chocolate sauce to the shake itself or just drizzle a little on top at the end if you don’t want to get too crazy.
As far as shakes go, this one is more on the light and airy side while still being deliciously thick. Even better – these shakes are vegan and naturally sweetened with bananas and a little bit of maple syrup. *high five*
I hope you enjoy these milkshakes! Now that the weather is starting to warm up (or so I’ve been told) these are perfect for cooling down and treating yourself without warming up the house. I for one have no problem turning on the oven no matter how hot it is outside, but I know I’m kind of freak for being that way.
At any rate – hope you like!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these peanut butter banana milkshakes. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
You might also enjoy…
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 can lite coconut milk, chilled in the fridge first
- To make the chocolate sauce melt the coconut oil and peanut butter in a small sauce pan. Once melted remove them from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup until fully incorporated. Set aside to cool while blending the milkshake
- Cut the frozen banana into chunks for easier blending.
- Scoop the fat out of the top of the coconut milk and add it to a blender along with the frozen banana chunks and peanut butter. Blend until thick and smooth. If you want to thin out the milk shake add a little bit of the coconut water from the can to the blender.
- To assemble, alternate layers of chocolate sauce and milkshake however you'd like.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 324 Saturated Fat: 12g Sodium: 191mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 12g Protein: 7g