Super simple and fiery Sriracha Lime Hummus made with 8 ingredients in only 5 minutes | Gluten Free + Vegan + Tahini Free
Who’s ready for some emergency hummus?!?
I mean…Sriracha Lime Hummus!
Really though, this is currently my emergency backup recipe right now. I was planning on sharing my insanely fudgy chickpea flour brownies that I’ve been working on, but after testing them (again) this morning they didn’t come out exactly right. It’s a bit too oily and almost too fudgy which I honestly didn’t think was possible. When it comes to brownies it’s fudgy or bust for me.
I did have a sneaking suspicion as I popped them in the oven that I didn’t measure out the flour all the way but at that point I was committed. Just to be on the safe side I want to test them again to figure out whether that was me being dumb or if the recipe actually needs more work.
So until I can test them again and figure out where I went wrong, we’re eating hummus!
How to Make: Sriracha Lime Hummus
Like most hummus recipes this one is pretty easy to make. In this one you only need about 8 ingredients (not including any optional toppings) and about 5 minutes.
Unlike more traditional hummus dips this ones doesn’t call for any tahini making it both easier and more affordable than you might expect. Instead we’re using Sriracha to help blend and create a creamy texture.
Overall it’s just a really simple dip that’ll keep you coming back for more.
By the way – make you save the water left behind in your chickpea cans (aquafab) because you’re going to need it for those brownies coming soon!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Sriracha Lime Hummus! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
More hummus recipes you might like…
- 1 can | 15 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup | 48 grams Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2-4 tablespoons | 30-60 ml water, as needed
- Add everything to the blender except the water to a food processor or high powered blender (Blendtec, Vitamix, Ninja etc) and blend until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Blend in the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Blenders sometimes require a little more water than if making in a food processor.
- Garnish with additional toppings if you like: sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, drizzle of olive oil etc.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed, air tight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.