Sweet, sticky, and spicy oven baked Honey Sriracha Wings – Prepped in minutes! Gluten Free + Paleo Option
Alright folks, get your wet wipes ready because we’re making wings…sweet, spicy and gloriously sticky honey sriracha wings!
In all honesty, I’m usually not too crazy about chicken. I don’t know what it is exactly but I’m just not keen. That being said I make a lot of chicken dishes because A) it’s easy and B) Mike loves them. But wings….those I can get on board with. The stickier the better!
So let’s get to it!
How to Make: Honey Sriracha Wings
Altogether this is a pretty low maintenance recipe that requires very little hands on prep.
Things to keep in mind with these wings:
- They’re baked, not fried. So much easier and A LOT less oil.
- Bake these on an oven proof wire rack placed on a baking sheet. It will keep the wings from getting soggy while baking and you’ll need to reuse the sauce that drips down while baking.
- You only need to marinate for about 10-20 minutes – the beauty of wings.
- If you need a soy free option use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce/tamari and add more salt to make up for the switch.
- They’re sticky, not so much crispy so it’s all about that sauce.
Speaking of that sauce, it’s based on the sriracha turkey meatballs I shared last week. The’ve got a nice balance of sweet and spicy (bit of a kick but not too crazy) with a touch of tang.
And that’s it! Pretty easy and definitely moreish!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Honey Sriracha Wings! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons | 36 grams sriracha
- 6 tablespoons | 127 grams honey
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml gluten free soy sauce or tamari*
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml sesame oil
- 2 pounds | 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 3 tablespoons water**
- Add the garlic cloves, ginger, sriracha, honey, lime juice and soy sauce/tamari and oil together in a bowl or zip lock bag. Mix well to combine. Pour out 1/4 cup of the marinade into a small sauce pot and set aside for now.
- Add the wings and toss to coat. Set aside and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and place an oven safe wire rack over the top of the cookie sheet.
- Lay the chicken wings across the wire rack and then place in the heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove to flip over. Use a pastry brush to brush over the excess sauce that's collected at the bottom of the cookie sheet. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until cooked through (internal temp 165°F/74°C). Remove from the once once more and set aside.
- Add any remaining marinade collected on the bottom of the cookie sheet and add it to the reserved sauce in the pot from earlier. Heat on a medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in the starchy water mixture. Reduce the heat down to low and let simmer until thickened.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the thickened sauce over the top of the wings. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired and enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 443 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 94mg Sodium: 851mg Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 26g Protein: 23g
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!
More appetisers you might like…