Sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs – Easy prep and made in about 30 minutes! Enjoy as an appetiser or serve it over rice/cauliflower rice to make a meal out of it. | Gluten Free + Egg Free + Paleo Option
Who’s ready for something sweet, sticky and hella spicy?! Please say you are because these Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs are just the thing.
How to Make: Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs
The method of making these is pretty simple – it’s mostly just a matter of mixing and baking the meatballs and then mixing and simmering the sauce until done. It’s all made in about 30 minutes and there are no fancy ingredients here, unless maybe Sriracha is considered fancy.
The turkey meatballs here are based off of my Low FODMAP Thai Meatballs. Those have been getting a lot of love lately so I figured it was time to bring it back and spice it up a bit….or a lot. Since sriracha these meatballs aren’t supposed to be low FODMAP I was able to to tune up and thin down the ingredient to make them a little easier. They’re also now egg free for all your egg intolerant folks out there!
So to all my fellow spice lovers out there – I hope you enjoy these spicy balls as much as we do!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (can sub with basil)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper each
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons Sriracha
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken stock with 1 teaspoon tapioca starch mixed together in a small cup
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 large spring onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Combine all of your meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and form into balls.
- Place balls on lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Drain off any liquid that collected on the baking sheet while baking.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and set aside until your'e ready to add to your sriracha sauce.
- Add the garlic, sriracha, honey, vinegar, lime juice and salt to a medium sized cooking pot or skillet and whisk together over a medium heat. You'll be adding the meatballs to the pot/skillet later so you want something large enough to fit them all.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer. Whisk in the chicken stock/starch mixture and continue to simmer to thicken your sauce. Taste and season with more salt as needed. If the sauce is too spicy you can add more honey a teaspoon at a time until it's just right for you.
- When the meatballs are ready, carefully add them to your pot/skillet and stir to coat the meatballs well in sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds and sliced spring onions over the top.
- Serve warm over rice/cauliflower rice for meals or individually as appetisers.
If you follow a strict paleo diet make sure to use a paleo friendly sriracha.