Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with bacon, avocado, sliced red onion, and sliced tomatoes topped with a three ingredient honey mustard dressing. Creamy, tangy and so addictive! Paleo & Dairy Free
Hey remember that post I made a few days ago about how I think chicken is suuuuuper boring? Ok I didn’t exactly say it like that in those words but the sentiment was there.
Well here I am once again eating my own words (as is often the case) because this honey mustard chicken salad is thebomb.com Apologies for my lameness #BornThisWay <–See? I can’t turn it off.
Really though, how can you not describe anything with a honey mustard dressing as anything but delicious. Sweet, creamy, with just the perfect amount of kick. What more could you want?
I’ve already had this salad for breakfast and dinner today and I’m still not bored of it so I know I’m onto something here. How can anyone think salad is boring when I’ve got proof of the contrary right here?
The dressing/marinade is one from Primate Palate. It’s three ingredients and comes together in less time than it takes to assemble you ingredients. If you’ve got a little time to prep it’s better to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes but if you want to make this in a pinch don’t worry – I promise it will still be just as good!
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this honey mustard chicken salad – I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page if you feel like sharing!
Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 head of romain lettuce, comes out to about 5-6 loosely packed cups
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, about 150 grams, cup in half
- 2 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the dressing in a small bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken breasts. If time allows let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a 30 minutes or overnight.
- When you're ready, heat a nonstick skillet over a medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Sear the chicken on both sides (about 5-7 minutes eacuntil cooked through. Once the chicken is all cooked, set aside to rest while you prep your other ingredients.
- Wipe the skillet you used with a paper towel, add another small splash of oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Prep the rest of your salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl. Slice the chicken into strips and add them to salad. Pour the remaining dressing over the top, sprinkle the bacon bits over the top and season with any additional salt and pepper.
Honey Mustard Dressing from Primal Palate
Nutrition calculated using chicken breast - adjust for thighs!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 568mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 20g Protein: 29g
More delicious salad recipes to feed your face…