Turkey, cranberry, and brie quesadilla – all you need is 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients to make the most satisfying left over lunch.
Do you ever find yourself looking at your dog and bursting into spontaneous dance moves as you try to come up with a song for said dog while he just looks at you as if to say, “what are you doing now, human”?
Ha, yeah me neither ….Sorry, Bosco!
Let’s talk about left overs!
Do you still have any from Thanksgiving? This is the type of recipe that would have been more helpful probably last week, or at least a few days ago. I just couldn’t bring myself to make myself a full on Thanksgiving style dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing etc just to photograph and come up with recipes to make with the left overs. I’m not that good of a food blogger and I am no where near organized enough to have pulled that off in time. I managed the cranberry sauce, but that’s because I bagged it up and threw it in the freezer for Christmas time since I’m currently in Arizona visiting family here for Thanksgiving. I guess I can sometimes be organised if I really try at it.
However, there’s still Christmas leftovers to look forward to and the possibility that you do still have leftovers (cranberry sauce and turkey). If that is the case then get yourself some gluten free tortillas and head to the kitchen now to make these turkey, cranberry, and brie quesadilla.
I found this recipe originally on The Clever Carrot. I am really crushing on Emilie’s blog right now. Beautiful photography aside, I can’t get over how amazing her recipes are. The only real difference is that I don’t include any ham in mine, but only because I didn’t have any in the fridge. I’m already looking forward to Christmas dinner leftovers just so that I can make this again. Simple + cheesy = my favorite types of food.
- 2 gluten free tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup or a small handful of shredded/chopped turkey
- 5 thin slices of brie
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- small handful of fresh parsley
- Warm a large non stick skillet or pan on a low heat.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the tortilla using the back of a spoon.
- Spread the turkey over the cranberry sauce, add a few parsley springs, and top with the brie slices. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the cheese and then place the second tortilla over the top. Place the uncooked quesadilla into the warmed skillet and cook until the cheese begins to melt. Carefully flip the tortilla to cook on the other side for another minute or so. Transfer to a cutting board and let the quesadilla cool down for a minute before cutting and serving.