Plant based, super delicious, crispy and filling – these jackfruit taquitos tick all the right boxes! These taquitos are filled with an easy-to-make jackfruit carnitas recipe that is prepped and cooked all in one pan in about 30 minutes. Once the carnitas have been made just fill, roll and bake for about 20 minutes! You can enjoy right away or pack up and freeze for another day. | Gluten Free + Vegan Optional
Continuing on with the jackfruit love, we’re digging in to these jackfruit carnitas today!
Not only are they incredibly satisfying, but they’re super easy to make – especially once the jackfruit carnitas filling is made. The pulled jackfruit texture makes for an excellent, plant-based filling that works perfectly as a meat-free substitute.
Jackfruit Taquitos Tips & Things to Keep in Mind
- Try not to overcrowd the baking sheet. You want a little bit of airflow moving through each taquito as it bakes so the sides crisp up properly.
- Flour tortillas work well because they don’t easily crack and fall apart. If you’d like to use corn tortillas then I recommend sprinkling a little bit of water over the top and then warming them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds to steam.
- The cheese is optional. If you’re looking to keep this recipe dairy free/vegan you choose to use a dairy free shredded cheese or just skip it altogether.
- Leftovers will keep for about 3 days in the fridge. Once cooled completely you can place these in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can defrost in the microwave by cooking about 4-6 at a time for about 2-4 minutes. Check after two minutes, then cook an additional 30 seconds until done.
Serve these with
- Guacamole Salad
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Roasted Chipotle Salsa
- With freshly diced veggies & herbs (cilantro, chilies, onion, etc)
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you these Jackfruit Taquitos! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 batch vegan jackfruit carnitas
- 16 gluten free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (dairy free if vegan) optional
- Olive oil or cooking spay
- Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C. Lightly grease a couple of large baking sheets and set aside.
- One at a time, lay each tortilla out on a flat surface. Place two big spoonfuls of jackfruit carnitas mixture just left or right of centre. Sprinkle a tiny amount of cheese over the jackfruit. Starting near the side with jackfruit, roll up the side of the tortilla to form the taquitos.
- Place each rolled up tortilla on your greased baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat this process until each tortilla has been filled. Leave a little space in between each tortilla so the sides can crisp up.
- Lightly brush or spray a little oil over the top of each taquito.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes. About halfway through the cook time, flip each taquito over to evenly cook.
- Serve as is or top with a side of guacamole, fresh herbs, chilies and/or diced onion and enjoy.
Prep time include the time needed to prep the carnitas filling. If the carnitas are already prepared then cook time in only about 20 minutes.