Easy to make Blueberry Oatmeal Bake – topped with chopped walnuts, spiced with cinnamon & nutmeg and packed full of juicy berries. Gluten Free + Vegan
I’m seriously regretting my decision to postpone my lunch until after writing this post because looking at these pictures is making want to face plant myself right into those juicy berries.
….Not to be overly dramatic or anything….I mean, when has being hungry ever made anyone a edgy?
Fortunately I’ve got a couple of slices of this gorgeous blueberry oatmeal bake sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured. I don’t want to be bossy or anything here, but you should get right on this baked oatmeal train because this is what you’ll be missing out on otherwise 👇👇👇
Whether you’re looking for meal prep ideas to carry you through the week or something easy to feed a crowd, this Blueberry Oatmeal Bake should absolutely be on your list of things to make for a number of reasons
✔️Minimal dishes required
✔️Cheap, easy to find ingredients
✔️You can prep everything a day before cooking
✔️It’s extremely versatile and fits into gluten free, vegan & low FODMAP diets depending on how you make it
How to make: Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
Making this dish is really just a matter or whisking together the dry ingredients, stirring in the wet ingredients and then folding in your berries. Transfer the oat mixture to your baking dish or choice and then top with the simple, spiced nut mixture. I’ve listed walnuts in the recipe here but feel free to use another type of nut/seed if you like.
I like serving this with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top but that part is totally optional if you’re looking to keep the sugar down.
As I mentioned above – this recipe has a LOT of flexibility. Blueberries can be swapped with other berries/fruit depending on what you’ve got: strawberries, apples, banana etc. While chocolate chips aren’t exactly fruit I wouldn’t personally say no to a chocolate studded baked oatmeal.
Leftovers can be kept and stored covered in an airtight container for about 3-4 days. Just pop it in the microwave for about 60 seconds to warm it up and you’re good to go!
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Blueberry Oatmeal Bake. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
Easy to make Blueberry Oatmeal Bake - topped with chopped walnuts, spiced with cinnamon and packed full of juicy berries. Gluten Free + Vegan
- 2 cups | 180 grams certified gluten free quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup | 50 grams coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup | 480 ml almond milk or milk of your choice
- 2 flax eggs , can also use regular eggs
- 1 cup | 170 grams fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/3 cup | 44 grams chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon | 12 grams coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and grease the sides and bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet (or 8x8 inch square baking dish)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and sugar until combined.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla extract and flax eggs whisk until combined. Gently fold in half of the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Scatter the remaining half of the blueberries over the top.
- In a small cup or bowl combine the walnuts, cinnamon and coconut sugar for the topping. Spread the topping over the top of the oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the oats are set. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top and enjoy.
How to make the flax eggs: In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons water. Set aside in fridge for 5 minutes allowing the flax to gel up.
You can use rolled oats instead of quick oats but you'll need to increase the cook time by about 8-10 minutes.
You can swap out the coconut sugar for another sweetener of your choice.
Leave a Review!