Use certified gluten free oats to make these soft, chewy and utterly delicious brown sugar oatmeal blueberry cookies! These cookies so easy to make and incredibly satisfying! Enjoy through the summer with fresh blueberries or anytime of year with frozen. Low FODMAP + Dairy Free Options
Mondays require cookies, don’t you think? I mean. Everyday is a good day for a cookie, but Monday’s especially. In case you’re looking I’ve got you covered with these Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies.
So…I wasn’t actually expecting to like these cookies as much as I do. I knew I’d like them, but I wasn’t prepared for how much I would like them. If I could only have these cookie for the rest of my life I wouldn’t even be sad about it. What I am sad about is the fact that as I write this all of them are gone and now I’m left looking at the pictures.
- 1/2 cup soften coconut oil or butter (113g)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (165g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (140g)
- 1 1/4 cups certified gluten free rolled oats (113 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (100 g)
- In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer beat together soften coconut oil (or butter) and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the flour, oats, mixture, baking soda, and salt to the mixing bowl with everything else. Mix with the electric mixer until combined.
- Slowly fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon. Cover & refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm the dough. This is especially important if you use coconut oil so the cookies don't spread too much. Drop round balls of cookie dough onto a lined/greased cookie sheet. Push the balls down slightly.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350°F/180C or until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet so that they can firm up a bit. Transfer to a wire rack to allow cookies to cool completely.