One bowl, 25 minutes, and less than ten ingredients needed to make these soft and chewy Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies.
Mondays require cookies, don’t you think? I mean. Everyday is a good day for a cookie, but Monday’s especially. In case you’re looking I’ve got you covered with these Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies.
So…I wasn’t actually expecting to like these cookies as much as I do. I knew I’d like them, but I wasn’t prepared for how much I would like them. If I could only have these cookie for the rest of my life I wouldn’t even be sad about it. What I am sad about is the fact that as I write this all of them are gone and now I’m left looking at the pictures.
Truth be told, blueberries are my least favorite berry. They’re nice and all, but just ok in my opinion.
However, I do have fond memories of the blueberries in Den Haag while Mike and I were visiting for a wedding. Mike’s had such bad luck in the past with restaurants that claim to be gluten free we mostly end up sticking to grocery store food when we travel. Since our hotel room didn’t have a refrigerator we just ended up making daily trips to the local health food store. We lived off rice cakes, deli meats, and whatever fresh produce was available. The gluten free bread in Holland was exceptionally sad, but the blueberries made up for it. They were the fattest, juiciest, sweetest blueberries either of us had ever had, so it just kind of evened out in the end.
I guess now my attitudes towards blueberries are changing for the better because now I get to think back on the time we had in Den Haag and how delicious these blueberry cookies are. There’s just something magic about biting into a muffin or cookie packed with big, fat juicy blueberries.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these oatmeal blueberry cookies. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1/2 cup | 113 g soften coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup | 165 g brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup |140 g gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups |113 g certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup |100g blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer beat together soften coconut oil (or butter) and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the flour, oats, mixture, baking soda, and salt to the mixing bowl with everything else. Mix with the electric mixer until combined.
- Slowly fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon. Cover & refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm the dough. This is especially important if you use coconut oil so the cookies don't spread too much. Drop round balls of cookie dough onto a lined/greased cookie sheet. Push the balls down slightly.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350°F/180C or until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet so that they can firm up a bit. Transfer to a wire rack to allow cookies to cool completely.
prep time does not include chilling in the fridge