One tray, 15 minute Almond & Herb Crusted Baked Salmon with asparagus. Ground almonds, mixed herbs, and a squeeze of lemon | Whole 30 and SCD friendly | Swap the asparagus for tomatoes and sautéed spinach to make it low FODMAP
almond herb mixture
- 1/4 cup ground almonds, 40 grams
- 1 teaspoon dried basil chop
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, plus more to taste
salmon & asparagus
- 1/2 pound asparagus stalks*, 225 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 six oz salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400F/204C
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground almond, herbs, and the salt & pepper. Set aside for the moment.
- Spread the asparagus over a baking tray and drizzle the oil over the stalks. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and half of the lemon zest over the asparagus and toss to coat. Push the asparagus to the sides of the baking tray to make room for the salmon.
- Lay the salmon fillets skin side down across the tray. Squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon pieces and then spoon the almond and herb mixture evenly over the fish. Top with the remaining lemon zest and lemon slices.
- Roast at 200C/400F for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
If your asparagus stalks are large than the size of a standard pencil then you'll need to slice the stalks in half lengthwise to make sure that they cook through completely in time with the salmon