Chai Spiced Pumpkin Snickerdoodles – soft and chewy pumpkin cookies with all the cozy flavours of fall! Gluten Free + Vegan Options
Raise your hand if you’re getting all pumped for the Fall! For all things cinnamon, spice, and everything nice? Pumpkin? Cozy kitchens that smell like a dream?
Yeah, me too.
I don’t know what it is about this season that I love so much, but the basic bitch inside me has been dying to dust off her fall boots for ages now. I just want to go stomp around somewhere in some colourful, crunchy leaves while sipping on an almond milk latte. And then I wanna rush home and bake these Chai Spiced Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and really eat up ALL the best flavours of fall.
Wanna join me? Please say yes! There are cookies at stake.
How to Make: Chai Spiced Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
These cookies are incredibly easy to make – made up of only 10 ingredients and ready in under half an hour.
Like all recipes here on A Saucy Kitchen these cookies are gluten free, but you can also make these vegan/dairy free by using either coconut oil or a non dairy butter. Your choice!
If you’re not crazy about pumpkin or you can’t easily find it where you live (hello, England) you can always sub it for mashed sweet potatoes. I’ve been on a sweet potato kick lately and have been adding it pretty much everything with a lot of success. You can also use mashed bananas but you’re going to get more of a banana taste to your cookies which may or may not be your thing. OR you could even try making your own pumpkin puree – I just posted a how to make your own pumpkin puree guide for all your pumpkin baking needs.
Finally, instead of cinnamon these cookies are mixed with chai spice. It’s bold, spicy and tastes like a dream. Also classy. Chai is super classy, right?
Bottom line – these cookies are perfect for fall! They’re soft, chewy and with just a light touch of crunch from the outside sugar coating. Make these if you’re ready to feel the Fall!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Chai Spiced Pumpkin Snickerdoodles ! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Chai Spiced Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - soft and chewy pumpkin cookies with all the cozy flavours of fall! Gluten Free + Vegan Options
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or non dairy butter vegan/dairy butter softened*
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub with 1/2 cup white sugar & 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree can also sub with mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour + more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tatar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C and position a rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
In a large mixing bowl beat together the coconut oil or butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and continue mixing until combined fully.
In another medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin/sugar mixture. Mix until combined. The dough should be soft at this point.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cinnamon and sugar until combine.
Roll the balls into 1 tablespoon balls and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place them on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Slightly flatten the balls to help them spread while baking. Place them in the oven and bake for 8- 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on the tray before trying to move them. Moving them too soon before they set may lead to the breaking. The longer you leave them, the chewier they'll be.
You can also use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar if you don't have any coconut sugar on hand.
If using coconut oil: place cookie dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes for baking to allow the coconut oil to harden before baking so the cookies don't spread too much while baking.