Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad tossed in a simple lemon-garlic vinaigrette – only 10 ingredients needed and about 10 minutes to make!
I’d like to take a moment to give a shout out to the can of chickpeas used in this Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad.
I actually have a chocolate mousse recipe coming out later in the week that uses the water from said can of beans (weird, I know) which left me with a load of chickpeas that needed using. So really we have left over chickpeas AND chocolate mousse to thank for this tasty salad. What a time to be alive.
So today we’re keepin’ it real simple with this antipasto salad. Let’s go!
How to Make: Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad
This salad is a breeze to make – it can be tossed together in about 10 minutes with only 10 ingredients.
It all starts with the simple lemon-garlic vinaigrette made up of:
🌟salt & pepper
There’s really not much to it – just whisk everything together (except the garlic) in a small cup or jar and taste and season with a little more salt & pepper if needed. Once that’s done you can move on to the salad.
It’s important to remember to ‘massage’ the kale here. I know it sounds kind of stupid and high maintenance for salad but I promise it’s really easy to do and makes a world of difference when you’re eating it! Gently rubbing the kale with a bit of oil before serving helps soft the hard leaves making them not only more tender but also less bitter. Measure out about 1 tablespoon of your garlic free vinaigrette and use that to scrunch your kale leaves until soft, about one minute.
After you’ve finished with the kale massage you can mix in the garlic to your remaining vinaigrette. Adding the garlic to the vinaigrette before massaging the kale will result in your hands smelling like for the rest of the day.
At this point it’s just a matter of adding in the remaining ingredients and tossing to combine. Super easy and incredibly delicious!
Best part about this salad is that it keeps well in the fridge for about 4 days, like most kale salads. For that reason it’s great for make ahead lunches of to pull out during dinner time for a side of something green.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad
Chickpea Kale Antipasto Salad tossed in a simple lemon-garlic vinaigrette - only 10 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make!
- 1/4 cup | 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper each
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced or grated
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed & chopped
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6 ounces pepperoni, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, drained & patted dry
- In a small cup or jar whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients except the garlic until well combined. Wait to add the garlic until after you've massaged your kale so that your hands don't end up smelling garlicky for the rest of the day.
- Add the chopped kale to a large salad bowl. Measure out 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette and pour over the kale. Scrunch handfuls of kale to massage. Keep scrunching until the leaves darken and soften about 1 minute.
- Now add the minced garlic to the remaining vinaigrette.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl, toss to combine. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over the top and toss again to coat everything evenly.
- Keeps well in the fridge at least 4 days.
If you're worried about your hands smelling like garlic then I recommend using 1 table
You might also like…
Antipasto Skewers – low carb
Chipotle Chickpea & Butternut Squash Salad – vegan
Avocado Chickpea Pesto Salad – vegetarian
Leave a Review!