Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with a Chocolate Swirl Top – a simple, one bowl recipe perfect for the perfect fall treat | gluten free + grain free + dairy free
Hi! Hello! Happy Friday!
I thought I would help you start off your weekend with a tray full of this paleo pumpkin muffins! They’re soft, moist, and do I even need to tell you about that chocolatey swirl? Fridays calls for chocolatey swirls, yeah?
As yesterday was the first official day of fall I felt it was necessary to share my first pumpkin recipe of the year. I am a total cliche. But I’m okay with that because I’m too busy making my kitchen smell like cinnamon apples, pumpkin spice and unicorns.
You should join me.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
These paleo pumpkin muffins are a riff off of the pumpkin bread I shared with you last year. Since that recipe has gone over well I thought it was as good of an excuse as any to go back to play around with the recipe more.
Translation: I added chocolate.
It’s a nut, dairy, grain and refined sugar free recipe – perfect for sharing, but also perfect for hoarding all to yourself. I wouldn’t blame you for the latter.
What I love most about this recipe is how simple it is. They may look fussy with the swirly chocolate blobs, but it takes very little to no effort to throw together. Within about 30 minutes you’ll be pulling out a tray of these muffins out of the oven. All you need is one bowl to mix it all together and some chocolate for melting. Easy!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these paleo pumpkin muffins We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with a Chocolate Swirl - a simple, one bowl recipe perfect for the perfect fall treat | gluten free + grain free + dairy free
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup 85 grams
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree 225 grams
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 56 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 oz dairy free dark chocolate chopped or in chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey, and oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, and all of your spices to the pumpkin batter and mix until combined making sure that you have no lumps in your batter.
- Add the 1 teaspoon coconut oil and chocolate to a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Grease or line your muffin tins. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffins tins. Using a teaspoon, drizzle some of the melted chocolate over the top of each muffin cup. Using a knife or a toothpick swirl the chocolate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife going into the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping the tin over and removing the muffins.
makes 10-12 muffins
Calories: 169 Fat: 16 g Saturated fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 7g Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Dutch Baby - November 17, 2017
- Gluten Free Vegan Gingerbread Scones - November 15, 2017
- Roasted Butternut Squash Slices with Walnuts & Parsley Pesto - November 13, 2017