One bowl Double Chocolate Paleo Pumpkin Bread – a quick and easy dessert bread loaded with moist pumpkin and studded with melty chocolate chunks | Grain Free + Dairy Free + Refined Sugar Free
So we’ve already got:
…and then some. And in all of this tasty, pumpkin happenings there has been a severe lack of chocolate. So today – we remedy that with this Double Chocolate (to make up for lost time) Paleo Pumpkin Bread.
Let’s get to it!
How to Make: Double Chocolate Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Despite the somewhat lengthy ingredient list this recipe is actually really simple! It’s made all in one bowl using typical paleo pantry staples and bakes up in about an hour.
If you wanted to cut down on ingredients to make this even more straight forward you can always ditch the individual spices and just use 2 teaspoons of your favourite pumpkin spice blend.
I always like making pumpkin breads like this in the evening to enjoy the next day so that the flavour has time to intensify over night. A slice of this and a cup of coffee is not a bad way to start your day, my friends.
Bottom line, this cake is rich, moist, easy and suuuuuper chocolatey.
And I mean…if pumpkin is a fruit and dark chocolate is full of antioxidants that means that this paleo pumpkin bread is healthy right? Let’s just say yes and call it a day! At the very least it’s god for the soul and I’m all about that.
Don’t forget to tag @asaucykitchen if you try these Paleo Chocolate Pumpkin Bread! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup | 85 grams honey or maple syrup for low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup | 104 grams melted coconut oil
- 1 cup | 225 grams pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup |37 grams coconut flour
- 1/3 cup | 40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100 grams dairy free dark chocolate (about 2/3 cup in chips)
- Heat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey, and oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and all of your spices to the pumpkin batter and mix until combined making sure that you have no lumps in your batter.
- Stir in your most of chocolate chunks until fully combined. Save a few for scattering over the top.
- Grease a standard sized loaf pan, or line with parchment and scoop your batter into the pan. Scatter the remaining chocolate chunks over the top of your unbakes loaf.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife going into the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
Instead of adding all the spices individually feel free to just add 2 teaspoons of your own pumpkin spice blend.
Store these in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or about 4 days at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 286 Saturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 195mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 11g Protein: 5g