Raspberry Crumble Bars – a simple buttery gluten free crumble made with certified GF oats surrounding a sweet and tangy raspberry fruit filling. Gluten free + Low FODMAP + Vegan
Originally posted 22 August 2016 – Updated with video, step-by-step pics and improved recipe 12 July 2019
The best part of every fruit crumble is the actual crumble part.
Yes or yes?
Don’t get me wrong. I love fruit fillings. But let’s be real. It’s all about the crumble. Which is exactly why the raspberry crumble bars are where it’s at. Double the crumble. Double the love.
Sorry for repeating the word ‘crumble’ so much! Now, less talking more baking!
Raspberry Crumble Bars
Altogether these bars are pretty easy to make with fairly standard ingredients. The process can be broken down into two main parts: the filling & the crumble.
Start out by prepping the filling. Simply add the raspberries and lemon juice to a small sauce pot and warm over a medium heat until the berries have broken down.
Next, add the corn starch and sweetener and mix until combined. Cook another few minutes until the filling has thicken and then remove from heat and set aside while you move on to make the crumble.
To make the crumble, add all of the ingredient required together in a large bowl (except for the butter) and mix until combined. Once fully mixed together stir in the butter and mix until a crumbly, soft dough forms.
Save about 3/4 of the crumble in a small bowl to use for the topping and set aside for a moment.
Press the crumble into the bottom of a lined or greased 8×8 inch baking tin. Pour your prepared raspberry filling over the dough and then finally top with the remaining 1/4 crumble.
At this point all that’s left to do is bake for about 40 minutes and that’s it! The end result makes for a super easy, crumbly oat crust with a sweet and tart raspberry filling.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these raspberry crumble bars! We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Raspberry Crumble Bars
Raspberry Crumble Bars - double the crumble surrounding a sweet and tangy raspberry fruit filling. Gluten free + Low FODMAP + Vegan | www.asaucykitchen.com
- 2 cups raspberries (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (40 g)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (175 g)
- 1 1/4 cup certified gluten free oats (115 g)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted butter (dairy or non dairy) (171 g)
- Combine the raspberries and lemon juice in a small sauce pot and set on a medium low on the stove top. Stir occasionally and let the raspberries breakdown over the heat. Stir in the sweetener and the cornstarch. After about 4-5 minutes, remove the raspberries from the heat and let cool while you working on the crumble.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oats, flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter until combined. Measure out about 3/4 of the dough and press into the bottom of a lined 8x8in square pan. Make sure to leave an inch of liner hanging over the side so that you can easily pull out the bars.
- Spoon the raspberries mixture evenly onto of the bottom crust. Take the remaining 1/4 of the dough and sprinkle it over the top of the fruit.
- Place the pan bake in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the top comes out golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into slices and store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- You can substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar
- You can use coconut oil in place of the butter but the bars won't hold as well. You might want to enjoy them in a bowl with a fork, maybe with a scoop of ice cream over the top.
Leave a Review!