Loaded Autumn Cobb Salad | topped with honey crisp apples, roasted sweet potatoes, crumbled bits of bacon, chopped chicken with a tangy maple vinaigrette. Grain free + Paleo + Diary Free
Say hello to my latest salad savior.
⬆ File that away under $#!% food bloggers say. If only it weren’t true.
Life’s been getting awfully busy for me this past month. When I get busy I find it hard to eat as healthy as I’d like and just end up snacking all day instead of sitting down to a proper meal. If I didn’t plan ahead and making things like this salad I’d be living off of nothing but toast and coffee and run out of energy to do all the things I need to do. Hence: salad savior.
Loaded Autumn Cobb Salad
I started out with the plans of just making a simple side salad. As things usually go in the kitchen I just kept adding more and more to it until I found myself with this loaded autumn cobb salad.
Roasted sweet potatoes? Get in there.
Honey crips apples? Sure thing
Chopped chicken breast? On it.
Crumbled up bits of bacon & sliced avocado? Not even a question.
And let’s throw in some hard boiled eggs while we’re at it and call it a cobb salad.
I’ve been enjoy this for lunch the past couple of weeks. This salad is great if you’re into meal prepping. Just make sure you reserve the dressing until just before serving so your salad doesn’t go sad and soggy.
I’ve been happily enjoying this salad every for the past two weeks since I first made it. I made a giant bowl of it that I’ve just eating for breakfast everyday. It’s got bacon and eggs so why not? You know you’re onto something when you start craving salads – am I right?
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make this autumn cobb salad. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, romain, arugula, spinach, etc
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 honey crisp apples, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup | 79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lay sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and toss. Bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a tablespoon oil on a grill pan on medium high heat. Add the chicken on cook on each side about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the heat when cooked and let rest before cutting into it. Just before assembling the salad chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl and the salad greens. Top with rows of bacon, chicken, had boiled eggs, avocado, pecans, apple, and sweet potato. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
- Add the vinegar, syrup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and pepper flakes to a bowl or a mason jar and whisk to mix. Slowly stream in the olive oil while mixing, or add it to the jar and shake the dressing for 15 seconds.
If making this salad in advance, wait to add the avocado and dressing until just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 15g