Avocado Brownies for two – from Paleo Mug Muffins 2 by Cook It Up Paleo.
Raise your hand if you love single serve recipes!
?? ??? ?? <—us
My problem is that I can’t be trusted around a bowl of cookie dough or a tray of freshly baked brownies. Moderation has never been my strong suit when it comes to dessert. Why have one cookie when you can have 17, right?
Which is exactly why single serve recipes are my jam. Cupcakes ‘n cookies ‘n brownies (oh my!).
Since me and my dumb brain can’t be trusted with making responsible, adult decisions in the presence of sugar it’s better I take away the option of overeating by making single serve recipes when the craving strikes.
First of all I just want to say how much I admire the fact that Heather has already published three ebooks on top of maintaining her blog.
t h r e e
I’m struggling to get one done and she’s already done three! I wish I had as much oomph to get things done when I was 19. Actually, I could probably do with a little more of that oomph now come to think of it…
Secondly, I just really love this ebook.
- 20 exclusive paleo recipes
- 15 nut free
- 9 low carb
- 8 egg free
- 8 coconut free
In addition to mug muffins, Heather also shares cookies, cakes, brownies, and even a few single serve bread recipes. Basically she’s got you covered for whatever sweet tooth you may have.
It took me a while to decide which recipe I wanted to share but eventually I decided on the avocado brownie because I’m a sucker for all things avocado.
The real seal of approval came from my husband who has already had three in the past two days. He’s also not that great with the whole moderation thing but that’s perfectly fine in this instance because at least he’s eating avocado.
Despite my little cast iron brownie here, all of Heathers’ recipes are prepared in the microwave which means they’ll be ready in minutes. I just happened to have bought a couple mini cast iron pans that I really wanted to use so I’ll include both oven/microwave directions below.
If you’re anything like me and can’t be left alone with homemade cookies then you should definitely check out Paleo Mug Muffin’s 2 and Heather’s other books while you’re at it! It’s only 5 bucks and it goes to a good cause which you can read about here.
In the mean time I hope you enjoy this brownie as much as we did! I’ve got my eye on the strawberry shortcake next!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this recipe for avocado brownies for two! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 10-20 drops liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- pinch of bakings soda
- pinch of salt
- dark chocolate chips, optional
- In a small bowl or mug mix together the mashed avocado, egg yolk, sweetener, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt and mix together.
- Microwave on HIGH for 90 seconds. Top with chocolate chips. Allow the brownie to cool for a minute and enjoy!
- Transfer the brownie batter to a couple of small ramekin dishes and bake in an oven preheated to 350°F/180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the middle is cooked all the way. Top with chocolate chips and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 5gProtein: 5g
You might also like…