Soft & chewy Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies – Only one bowl + eight ingredients needed to make these easy, fall snacks! | Gluten Free + Vegan
Can we first just take a moment to collectively freak out over the fact that we are now halfway through October?!
Where has this year gone and can it slow down for a second, pretty please with coconut sugar on top?
Though that being said I’m getting excited for the next coming month. Mike & I will be heading back to the states for a few weeks to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I am ready to soak up some sunshine and get in some quality time with my family and friends back home.
With all the travelling ahead of us I’ve got snacks on my mind.
Last year we relied mostly on airports convenience stores for food and wow was that a big mistake. I figured in 2016 there were bound to be at least a few decent food options that were truly gluten free, right?
Nope! Not unless you like eating exclusively unripened bananas and air popped popcorn.
Even the things that actually labeled as gluten free couldn’t be trusted. I bought one $7 bag of tail mix for Mike at a layover in Chicago. We had just gotten off of a four hour plane ride and about to go on another 8 hour one and he had nothing to eat. I swear on my life it said ‘GLUTEN FREE’ in three different places on the bag. Once we got to our seats on the plane though Mike realised that the fine print on the back read ‘may not be suitable for celiacs’ blah, blah, blah cross contaminations issues.
So yeah, lesson learned. I’m bringing my own snacks this time – more than likely these Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies 👍
How to Make: Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies
These pumpkin blondies are super easy to make requiring only one bowl and eight ingredients.
Just blend up everything save for the chocolate chips in a high powered blender or food processor until you’ve got a thick, smooth dough and then pop that pumpkin mixture into a greased baking pan. To save yourself the hassle of cleaning one more thing I recommend just mixing in your chocolate chips right inside your baking dish.
Then just smooth out your dough, bake and cool! And hey, if you wanted to melt a little extra chocolate for a drizzled topping then have at it. When is more chocolate ever a bd idea?
The end result are soft and chewy pumpkin blondies that are free of eggs, dairy, refined sugar, and grains. Not to mention they’re super tasty!
Like most other types of pumpkin baked goods these taste better the next day once the flavour has time to develop. If you can resist freshly baked goods I recommend making these in the evening and letting them sit overnight before eating.
However you decide to do it – I hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag @asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies! We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 1 15oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup | 112 grams pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup | 120 natural almond butter (or another nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup | 80ml maple syrup for vegan version or honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F/190° C.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, add everything except for the chocolate chips. Blend or process until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides occasionally to ensure it's fully blended.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to your greased baking pan. Add the chocolate chips and mix together inside the pan.
- After the chips are fully mixed in, smooth out the batter evenly. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if you want to. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25- 30 minutes, or until the centre is cooked. To test doneness, insert a knife into the centre. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Once completely cooled store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
1 Bar Calories: 166 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 7g Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 166 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 150mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 6g