Four ingredient Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream – just blend, freeze and scoop! Gluten Free + Paleo + Vegan
Can we just all take a moment to appreciate all the creamy, dreamy decadence going on in this picture above and the fact that it’s all 100% dairy free???
What a time to be alive.
How to Make: Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream
This recipe is incredibly easy requiring just 4 ingredients and a blender to mix it all up.
✔️two full fat coconut milk cans – use one whole can and then just the coconut cream from the second can
✔️maple syrup (maple will keep this vegan but you can also use honey if you prefer)
✔️vanilla bean or vanilla extract
✔️pinch of salt – to help tone down some of the coconut flavour
Making the ice cream is really just a matter of blending it all up and then storing away until frozen. Every hour or so you just need to check in on the ice cream and stir it around breaking down the large icy bits of the sides which will probably freeze first. After about 6ish hours this should be frozen enough to scoop and enjoy!
Clarification of the Coconut Milk/Cream
In the recipe I list “1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk” twice. The reason I do this is because you need to do slightly different things with each can. You need to add 1 whole can of coconut milk as listed and then with the with the second can you only need to add the thickened coconut cream and not the coconut water. Add the extra coconut cream sans water makes for a thicker, creamier ice cream. Too much added water here and the ice cream tends to be more ice than cream.
Aside from that this ice cream is pretty straight forward and easy to make!
This coconut vanilla ice cream makes a great base for experimental ice cream flavours!
To spruce it up a little bit you can add in all kinds of mix ins and toppings: mixed nuts, broken up brownies pieces, hot fudge sauce – whatever you want! If you really wanna get crazy then I’d also recommend making this homemade chocolate bowls to serve it in. Super fancy. Super easy!
Other Coconut Milk Ice Creams You might enjoy:
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk, - separate the coconut cream from the water
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey if this doesn't need to be vegan)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add everything to a blender and process until smooth and combined. Taste and add a little more sweetener if needed. Keep in mind that the ice cream won't taste as sweet after it's been frozen.
- If using an ice cream maker then follow the manufacture instructions for making ice cream.
- For a no churn version add the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe container and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours. Every hour or so you'll need to take out the ice cream and mix by hand until it's done.
- When you're ready take the ice cream out of the freezer to defrost slightly - depending on how long it's been frozen it may need about 15 minutes before you're able to scoop and then enjoy!
How to cut and use a vanilla bean: lay the bean down flat on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice down the centre of the vanilla bean lengthwise - try not to puncture through the bottom of the bean. Gently pull apart the bean exposing the insides and scrape out the inside vanilla bean caviar. The vanilla bean caviar is the only part of the vanilla bean that goes into the recipe.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 330 Saturated Fat: 26g Sodium: 13mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Protein: 2g