Simple 5-minute Vegan Kale Pesto made dairy free with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan
I’m gonna be real quick today because this paleo vegan kale pesto needs no introductions it’s that damn good. It’s also my birthday today as I’m writing this, so ya know, I’ve got plans!
So get your sandwiches, salads, crackers, and veggies ready because you’ll want to just go ahead and put this on e v e r y t h i n g . Which is exactly what I did this past week. No regrets.
About This Recipe: Paleo Vegan Kale Pesto
Pesto is one of those things that I never grow tired of. That being said, I like to switch up the base ingredients every so often with what’s in season and available in the store.
Enter scene: this vegan kale pesto made with
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Cloves
- Raw Almonds
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Nutritional Yeast
The main points of deviation here are the use of kale instead of basil and nutritional yeast which gives off a ‘cheesy’ taste that you’d normally get from parmesan. Just throw everything in a blender and blend away. All you need is about five minutes and you’re all set. Then proceed to put this in – and on – everything in sight and devour!
Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups packed kale, about 1 bunch, stems removed
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup | 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Add half the kale, garlic cloves, almonds, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Blend until everything is finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the blender and add the remaining kale. With the blender running, pour in the olive oil. Stop as needed to scrape down the sides. Add lemon juice. Blend until you reach a desired consistency. Add more oil if you like to thin out the pesto.
- Taste and season with additional salt and/or lemon if needed.
This makes about 1 1/4 cups
I serving = 2 tablespoons