Simple 5-minute Vegan Kale Pesto made dairy free with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan
I’m gonna be real quick today because this paleo vegan kale pesto needs no introductions it’s that damn good. It’s also my birthday today as I’m writing this, so ya know, I’ve got plans!
So get your sandwiches, salads, crackers, and veggies ready because you’ll want to just go ahead and put this on e v e r y t h i n g . Which is exactly what I did this past week. No regrets.
About This Recipe: Paleo Vegan Kale Pesto
Pesto is one of those things that I never grow tired of. That being said, I like to switch up the base ingredients every so often with what’s in season and available in the store.
Enter scene: this vegan kale pesto made with
The main points of deviation here are the use of kale instead of basil and nutritional yeast which gives off a ‘cheesy’ taste that you’d normally get from parmesan. Just throw everything in a blender and blend away. All you need is about five minutes and you’re all set. Then proceed to put this in – and on – everything in sight and devour!
Hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Vegan Kale Pesto! I love seeing what you make with! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!
- 3 cups packed kale, about 1 bunch, stems removed
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add half the kale, garlic cloves, almonds, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Blend until everything is finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the blender and add the remaining kale. With the blender running, pour in the olive oil. Stop as needed to scrape down the sides and blend until you reach a desired consistency. Add more oil if you like to thin out the pesto.
- Taste and season with additional salt and/or lemon if needed.
This makes about 1 1/4 cups
I serving = 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 124 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 182mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g