Zero carb Keto Egg Wraps – just eggs with a little bit of seasoning cooked in pancake form. Use these as a replacement for regular tortillas and wraps. Fill, fold and roll! | Gluten Free + Keto + Paleo + Whole30
So I’ll admit: This hardly feels like an actual recipe as the keto egg wraps are literally just eggs (plus a little salt and pepper maybe).
That being said, I felt they were worthy of their own dedicated ‘recipe’ as the possibilities here with prep and fillings are pretty much endless. Think of these as more portable, versatile omelettes. If you’re on the hunt for a good on-the-go breakfast, or maybe you’re after something a little more flexible than a standard omelette then these egg wraps are for you!
Keto Egg Wraps Tips
As I mentioned above, there’s not much to making these wraps. Whisk your egg(s), season with a little salt and pepper and cook for about 1-2 minutes tops. There’s dead easy to make but I do have a few tips for you to keep in mind when making these:
- Use a non stick skillet or pan. Make sure that whatever vessel you use to cook these, it’s either very well greased or has a nonstick coating. Cast iron will work fine so long as you have a properly seasoned pan. I tried making these in stainless steel pans and they did work, but I needed a LOT of oil and flip them was tricky.
- One at a time. For a 6-8inch pan you’re going to need one medium/large egg. If you plan on making multiple egg wraps, I recommend whisking your eggs one at a time so that you don’t have to fuss over evenly dividing the eggs as you pour into your pans to cook. Whisking all of your eggs at once is certainly an option, but your wraps will likely be varying in size.
- Heat your pan first. Take the time to properly warm up your pan and oil before adding the eggs. They’re cook much faster and will be easier to flip if they make initial contact with a hot surface.
Click here for the Spinach & Feta Egg Wraps!
Once made these wraps can be kept 1-2 days. If you’re into meal prep, these can be made the evening before a busy morning for a quick, meal on the run.
Filling options are endless here: ham & cheese, smoked salmon & cream cheese, etc. My favourite lately has been these knock off/ low carb Starbucks Spinach and Feta Wraps pictured above.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Keto Egg Wraps! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- Avocado Oil or other oil for greasing pan
- 4 Eggs (or 1 egg per wrap for small/ mediums pans 6-8 inches & 2 eggs for large pans 10-12 inches)
- Salt + Pepper
- Lightly grease a 6-8 inch non stick skillet with oil and warm over a medium heat.
- While the pan in heating, whisk one egg in a small cup or bowl.
- After the pan has fully heated up, pour in the whisked egg. Swirl the pan around or use a spoon to spread the egg evenly across the bottom of the pan to form a full circle. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper across the top of the egg as it cooks.
- Let cook 30-60 seconds until the edges are cooked then gently flip over to cook on the other side And cook another 30-60 seconds.
- Transfer the egg to a plate to cool and then repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Once made these wraps can be kept 1-2 days.