Vegetable noodle Miso Soup – an easy, 10 minute soup that’s simply delicious! Grain free, Low FODMAP and Vegan options
Miso soup – I love it. It’s fast. It’s flavorful. It’s adaptable. Most of all I love it because it’s simple while also being all of those things.
I’m all for extravagant dishes. I love washing and chopping and layering flavors on top of more flavors. I love rolling up my sleeves and spending time on a meal and putting a little bit of myself into a dish that is later going to shared and enjoyed with friends and family. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I just really love the process of cooking and creating something out of nothing….well, almost nothing.
But then there are times when I just want to sit down with something comforting and delicious without the hustle and dance. More love, less labor, ya know?
This miso soup comes together in 15 minutes with less than 10 ingredients. Even better – organic miso is a fermented food. It’s rich in probiotics which are known to aid in healthy digestion.
Keep in mind your taste preferences and food needs when choosing miso pastes. Miso can sometimes be fermented with barley or wheat products so make sure to read the labels for gluten free assurance before you buy. For deeper, richer flavors choose darker pastes, and choose white/yellow pastes for more mild flavors.
So whenever you’re wanting something simple and delicious without putting in too much effort I hope you enjoy this miso soup! Play around with the recipe as you like. Add some rice noodles, poach an egg, or even throw in some dried seaweed!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen if you try this miso soup! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth, 945 ml (low fodmap stock if needed)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 large zucchini's, spirialized or peeled with a julienne peeler
- 1 carrot, spirialized or peeled with a julienne peeler
- 3 spring onions, chopped - green part only for low FODMAP
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped + more for garnishing
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional add ins for a more traditional miso soup:
- 1 sheet nori cut into rectangles, dried seaweed
- 4 ounces tofu
- Add the stock and ginger to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce down to a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the miso paste to a small bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup of the broth and pour it over the miso paste. Mix with a fork until the miso is dissolved..
- If you haven't already, spiralize the zucchini and carrot or shred them with a julienne peeler.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and cilantro to the soup and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Add the miso broth back to the pot with the rest of the soup along with the spring onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and serve.
*make sure to look for gluten free miso
Recipe for low fodmap vegetable stock: https://www.asaucykitchen.com/low-fodmap-vegetable-stock/