Sweet and tangy Cucumber Lime Mint Paletas – the perfect frozen treat of blended up cucumber, kiwi, lime and mint. Just blend, freeze and enjoy on a hot summers day! Paleo, Vegan, Low FODMAP, and AIP friendly
Disregarding the 5 minute blitz of snow we had last week, summer is no doubt on its way and I for one am PUMPED.
Give me sunshine. Give me heat. Give me all the frozen treats starting with these Cucumber Lime Mint Paletas. Cool?
Cucumber Mint Paletas
I originally started out making aguas frescas but then decided to make use of my new ice lolly mould instead.
It seemed like a bit of waste to throw out all the blended up pulp to make drinks, so popsicles it is!
These paletas are super easy to make – just blitz everything together in a blender and pour into your popsicle moulds to set.
Depending on the type of sweetener you use you can customize these popsicles to suit your diet – paleo/low FODMAP/vegan etc. I like these popsicles quite tangy, but if you’re like Mike and have more of a sweet tooth feel free to add an additional tablespoon or so of your sweetener- tasting as you go until you’re happy.
- 1 lb cucumbers, about 2 medium cucumbers diced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (120 ml)
- 1 1/4 cup packed mint leaves, stems removed
- 4 kiwis peeled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80g)
- 1 1/4 cup water (300ml)
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle moulds and freeze until solid for 3-4 hours.
- Maple syrup keeps this recipe low FODMAP but you can also use 1/4 cup honey (85 g) or agave (87 g) instead
- This makes 6-12 popsicles depending on the size of your popsicle mould.