One bowl + nine ingredient Chocolate Chunk Paleo Vegan Blondies – made with a blend of coconut + almond flour, nut butter and studded with melty chocolate chunks!
So this is what I’ve been obsessed with this week. These soft, gooey almond butter and chocolate studded paleo + vegan blondies….Also last week. Pretty much just anytime these are in or around my person, really.
I mean just look at that stack ⬇️⬇️⬇️ They’ve got that melt-in-your-mouth kind of magic going on. Let’s do it!
How to Make: Chocolate Chunk Paleo Vegan Blondies
Altogether these bars are super easy to make, made up of only nine ingredients and can be mixed together all in one bowl. You don’t even need to pull out your electric mixer if you don’t want to!
Start out by combining your almond butter and coconut sugar in your mixing bowl, then go ahead and add the remaining wet ingredients (vanilla extract, almond milk, and flax egg). Stir it all up until a thick batter forms.
Add in the almond and coconut flour along with a pinch of salt. Once that’s all mixed and ready just stir in your chocolate chunks/chips until they’re mixed well throughout. Transfer the dough to a prepared baking tin and spread evenly over the bottom and sides. I like to press a few extra chocolate chunks in the top of the dough usually – it looks more impressive and also it’s more chocolate so why not?
Then just pop your tin into the oven about bake for about 20ish minutes until done. Easy!
After it’s cooked I do recommend letting the bars rest for at least 20-30 minutes before you try to handle them. As they cool the bars will become more firm and easy to handle. When the wait is over just slice, serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Paleo Vegan Blondies! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup almond butter, or nut butter of your choice
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks, paleo friendly + dairy free
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Lightly grease or line an 8x8inch baking tin.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the almond butter and coconut sugar until combined. Add the almond milk and vanilla. Mix in the the flax egg.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Mix until the dough is thoroughly mixed. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking tin. Press a few extra chocolate chunks into the top of the dough if you like.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly golden on the top. If you insert a knife/tooth pick into the centre it should come out clean of any crumbs. Let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing into squares. Like many vegan baked goods these will be very gooey at first. The longer you let them rest the more they will firm up up and hold together.
I recommend either
- using a loose bottomed baking tin for easy removal or
- lining your baking tin with parchment paper leaving a few extra inches over the sides of the tin. The extra paper over sides will make it easier to pull the bars out of the tin when you're ready to slice/serve.
Make sure to let the bars cool down completely before trying to lift them out of the pan. Recipes with flax egg are prone to falling apart if you try to pick them up too quickly. They will firm up as they cool and become easier to handle.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g