Transform a classic summertime cocktail into an even more refreshing and boozy treat with this Pimm’s Cup Float! It’s just like a classic Pimm’s cup with a scoop or two of lemon sorbet!
I had this idea to make some sort of Pimm’s cup float in mind for a few weeks now, but I kept putting it off for one reason or another. Now that I’ve made it I’m annoyed at myself for waiting so long!
What’s inside this Pimm’s Cup Float?
This pimm’s float is almost identical to a classic Pimm’s cup. The only real difference is the inclusion of sorbet. It’s made up of:
- Pimm’s No 1: a gin-based liquor quintessential to British summers.
- Lemonade: An English-style lemonade is clear and un-carbonated (basically a lemon lime soda). You can also use ginger-ale in place of the lemonade.
- Fresh fruit slices: Throw in a handful strawberries, orange, cucumber and mint slices to soak up all the flavour for the end.
- Lemon sorbet: Add 1-2 scoops depending on how decadent you’re feeling.
- Use ginger-ale instead of lemonade.
- Add to or swap out the strawberries for raspberries or blackberries.
- Instead of lemon sorbet you can use another citrusy sorbet like lemon, orange or mango (is mango citrusy?).
- Ice cream (something like vanilla or strawberry) can be used instead of sorbet. If you opt for vanilla ice cream I recommend also using ginger-ale instead of lemonade. If you need to keep this cocktail vegan friendly, make sure to use a vegan friendly ice cream.
- 1-2 scoops lemon sorbet (ensure vegan if needed)
- 2 oz Pimm's No 1
- 6 oz Lemonade
- 2-3 sliced strawberries
- 2-3 cucumber slices
- 2-3 orage slices
- fresh mint leaves
- In a tall glass: add 1-2 scoops of lemon sorbet.
- Add your preferred garnishes (strawberries, cucumber, orange slices and/or mint).
- Pour the Pimm's over the sorbet followed by the lemonade. Stir everything together to gently combine. Top with additional garnishes if you'd like.
- Enjoy right away!
- Pimm's is made with a UK-style lemonade which is clear an un-carbonated. It's essentially a lemon-lime soda.