Roasted Chickpea Lentil Salad – Fresh parsley & mint, chopped veggies and zesty lemons | Gluten Free + Vegan
I’ve been sitting here for ages trying to come up with some relevant way to tie in this lentil salad into my life with a reason why you should make it, but I’m coming up blank here.
So let me just cut to the chase since we’re all just here for the food anyway:
✔️This salad is good
✔️ You should make it
How to Make: Roasted Herb & Lentil Salad
If you love crunchy salads with loads of textures & flavours then this is for you my friend!
It all starts with our legume base here. Pile in a load of chickpeas and lentils into a large roasting dish and sprinkle with a generous helping of garam masala, a splash of olive oil and a squeeze or two of lemon. Pop that in the oven for about 20 minutes until your kitchen smells like a dream and your pulses are starting to crispy.
While that’s roasting you can prep the rest of your salad ingredients: herbs, radishes & cucumber. The key here is to chop up your veggies & herbs into tiny bite sized pieces so that you get a little bit of everything in each eventual bite.
Once your chickpeas & lentils are finished roasting you just need to mix it all together in a large salad bowl and toss to combine your flavours.
Simple as that!
The finished product is a salad that is both fresh & filling. It great as a side salad for dinner or on it’s own as a light lunch. Either way you have it it’s also great with a side of gluten free naan of flatbread.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Herb & Lentil Salad! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page – those are always fun to see!
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 can | 400 grams chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 can | 400 grams green lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup | 60 ml lemon juice + zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup | 120 grams radishes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped, measure after chopping
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, measure after chopping
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large roasting tin add the chickpeas & lentils. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and garam masala and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until starting to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, zest, radishes, herbs and cucumber. Toss to combine. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge - will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 330 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 334mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 14g Sugar: 3g Protein: 15g