3 ingredient, soft tortillas that are grain free nut free & vegan!
Yes, that’s right! Three ingredients!
Three ingredient grain free tortillas that are
and ready in about 15 minutes. Does it get any easier than this?
How to make: 3-Ingredient Grain Free Tortillas
Let’s take it from the beginning. As I said you only need three ingredients to make these:
1. Tapioca Flour
2. Chickpea Flour (aka gram/garbanzo flour)
3. Coconut Milk – from a can
Whisk those all together in a bowl until you have a thick, pasty batter. At this point you can continue along with the recipe as is, or you can add a few things based on how you want to eat these.
If you’re looking to use these in a savoury recipe you can always add in a little salt, garlic, etc. On the flip side you can also use these in a more sweet capacity as crepes/pancakes and throw in a little vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, etc.
Once you’ve mixed everything together just pour the batter onto a hot plate/ non stick skillet, smooth out the batter as thin as you can go and wait a minute or two before flipping and cooking the other side. When little air bubbles appear on the top of the wraps as seen in the second picture below you’re ready to flip.
Flip and cook on the other side and that’s it!
This recipe is adapted from Heart Beat Kitchen Indian Naan. If you’re looking for something more along the paleo lines and you can tolerate nuts you can always try her recipe which is essentially just this recipe but with almond flour instead of chickpea flour.
You can roll this up, fold it over, and fill it full of whatever you want and you’re good to go.
This recipe is great to have on hand! These would be perfect the next time you make tacos, enchiladas or other types of wraps. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to a week and reheat in the microwave or in the oven on a low heat for a few minutes to warm though.
You may also like to pair them with our Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas!
If you try this out let me know how it went!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these grain free tortillas! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the tapioca flour and chickpea/gram flour until combined.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix until fully incorporated. The batter should be thick, but smooth.
- Heat a large non stick or well greased skillet on a medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time onto the skillet. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter around into a large, thin circle about 6 inches in diameter.
- Let the wrap cook for 1-2 minutes. When the edges of the wrap are cooked and there are tiny air bubbles on top you know it's time to gently flip if over and cook on the other side for another minute.
- Transfer the wrap to a plate to let cool and repeat this process until the batter is gone.
Store these in a zip seal bag or an airtight container in the fridge. They will stiffen in the fridge so you'll need to either warm them up in the microwave (about 20 seconds should do it) or leave them out on the counter to come up to room temperature before using.
Make sure to buy 'gram' flour and not 'graham' flour. Gram flour is another name for chickpea flour whereas graham flour is a variety of wheat.
Serving Size:1 tortilla Calories: 93Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Shop this Post
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hungry for More? If you’re looking for easy gluten free + vegan recipes like these 3 ingredient wraps then check out my Effortless Vegan Cookbook!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links for products I personally use and believe in. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission and the price you pay is not affected. Thank you!