15 minute Raw Peanut Zoodle Salad with spiralized zucchini, shredded carrots and a simple peanut dressing. | Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo Option
Salty + Crunchy + Slightly Tangy
Spiralized zucchini mixed together with shredded carrots and fresh herbs tossed in a creamy, salty Thai inspired dressing & topped off with a handful of crunchy, roasted peanuts. No salad is complete without the crunch component.
Welcome to the salad of my dreams!
Altogether this salad takes about 15 minutes of prep max. The joy of making complete raw salad: the process of transferring food to mouth is that much faster.
Though I’m just now considering the fact that this may not be fully raw because of the roasted peanuts. Whoops! Feel free to use un roasted nuts if you’re a stickler for that kind of thing. I love my salty Costco peanuts too much to give them up.
The base of this recipe is simple enough – spiralized zucchini mixed together with shredded carrots. If you’re wondering why this recipe calls for shredded carrots instead of spiralized carrots it’s because carrots can be difficult to spiralize unless they are very large and thick. They just don’t fit on the spiralizer as well – though it can be done. If you’d prefer to make it that way feel free! If not, shredding only takes a minute.
After your veggies are fully prepped just mix in your green onions & cilantro and toss everything together and pour over the peanut dressing. Once everything is coated, sprinkle over your peanuts and serve!
There is so much fibre and protein packed in here – a generous serving of this would be filling enough for lunch or possibly even a light dinner. It’s certainly fast & easy enough to make as a quick last minute dinner side if you need to pack more veggies into your day.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Raw Peanut Zoodle Salad! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml sesame oil
- 1/2 cup | 125 g peanut butter (can use tahini for a peanut free option)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more to taste
- 2 large zucchinis, , spiralized into spaghetti-like noodles
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup raw, un roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the sesame oil, peanut butter, sugar, tamari/coconut aminos, ginger, vinegar and pepper. Set aside.
- Use a grater and shred the carrots.
- Add the zucchini and carrot to a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss everything together. Sprinkle over the cilantro, green onions, peanuts and tabasco sauce and serve immediately.
If you use coconut aminos you will need to increase the amount of salt you use. Season to your taste preference.
Make it paleo: Use cashews instead of peanuts, almond butter in place of peanut butter and coconut aminos instead of soy/tamari.
This is best eaten the day it's made.